Squier Club?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JB Lars, Nov 3, 2006.

1. JB Lars

JB Lars Inactive

May 24, 2000
    Chicago Suburbs
    Everyone else is doin' it, let's see some Squier lovin'! I'll start:

Attached Files:

2. You know you're absolutely right. I've got an Indonesian Affinity P and love it. Picture to follow.

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Diggin that P bass there! Nice to see some Squier love saying as I've just bought into the brand myself!

As mentioned yesterday, I paid a deposit and part-exed my BTB for a Squier "Jaco" bass. As soon as it gets to the shop I'll be a proud owner!

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to dedicate signature space to my membership, I might even have to erase the message denoting my space as Kubicki club member #1 just to include the Jaco bass on my gear list!

4. JB Lars

JB Lars Inactive

May 24, 2000
    Chicago Suburbs
    I dunno, man. Kubicki club is pretty happenin'. I wanted one SO bad after seeing John Taylor playing one at Live Aid.

I'm currently GASing for that "Jaco" fretless. Be sure to let us know your impressions when you get her home.

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Heh, pretty happening indeed, but even though we have a few Kubicki players here at TB I suppose I'll be the only club member!

I will be making a thread on the Jaco bass when I get it, with pictures and a mini review included. I'm just impressed, it seems these new Vintage Modified basses have really made a splash! They've got people talking and have gained a lot of interest! It was a bold move for them to make, but it looks like one that is paying off.

6. SquireJacoBrice5Stringjazz002.jpg

Great bass, great fun....

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great bass. Has an American Fender S-1 System. Really cool stuff.

8. I am definitly signing up! I am a proud owner of a 1983 squier japan-vintage p-bass, and it beats most fenders i've tried (would have been a shame if it didn't, beeing a jv an' all that...). Off-white , white pickguard with a maple neck and fretboard. Beaten to hell, it's a bloody beauty!!! Love it, love it, love it, love it....

9. AMEN! My new Squier MB-5 is my new favorite bass. I can't rave enough about it.

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That is what mine is. The Indonesian ones are freaking great. Really good necks!

11. Damn, i almost forgot.... i also own a indonesian p-bass, its defretted now, you can get a really cool sound out of it, but the electronics are just baaaaaaaaad..... was my first bass though, can't say i love it anymore than the other ones....

12. pj-mike

pj-mike

Nov 22, 2005
    Bridgewater, MA
    I've got one that really does it for me. I plays and sounds better than it should. My wife gave it to me wich makes it all that much sweeter.

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Oh my word that is gorgeous.

I used to hate sunburst jazz basses, now I quite like them!

I came to the realization before that almost every bassist has used a jazz bass at some point in their careers. Maybe not to record or play live with, but it will have happened.

Consider...

Jonas using a jazz bass plugged into a Trace Elliot.
    [​IMG]

Geddy-
    geddy_1.gif

Mark King using his Fender limited edition model
    [​IMG]

Not to mention that Stuart Hamm also used jazz basses and precision basses at session gigs. This was why he specified that the Urge bass have precision and jazz pickups, to cover his two favoured session sounds in one bass (though not doing them brilliantly).

I suppose it was just time for me to take the leap.

14. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Go buy some duncan or dimarzio pickups. It'll make it awesome

15. Will T.M.

Will T.M.

Oct 26, 2006
    I love both my Jazz Bass and my fretless P-Bass. They both have really nice necks, and now that I've changed the pickups on both and put a BadAss in my jazz bass, they both sound really good.

16. nsbasses002.jpg squire is all the way on the right, it has since gotten a new nut and had a piezo installed, There are tutorials using it in the luthiers corner

17. HoDog

HoDog

Sep 25, 2006
    Sydney
    Heres my California P bass Special, made in china, my only and 1st bass, which i like. i've played for just above a year

[​IMG]

Finally a club, what does that make me

18. Elemetal

Elemetal

Mar 10, 2006
    I have a square affinity p bass and I hate it, it is so crappy to play. Now I play 6 string.

19. The man said, "show some Squier Love," not hate. There are other threads for you to complain.:hyper:

20. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    You can give it to me for free if you hate it so much.....:p

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021