Squier Contemporary Jazz Bass GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hevy T, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    i just saw these on the L and M website!

Thanks for another GAS attack Squier, I thought I was almost done :banghead:

Woofer likes this.
  2. I was surprised how much I like those.

3. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    Me as well

4. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Suspended Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    I Don t know about the basses but these guys are tearing it up!!!:bassist:

5. CLMSHQ likes this.
  6. Woofer

Woofer

Sep 24, 2008
    OBX
    Love that channel.

Got to play all of these at an independent shop a couple of months back. The active was really nice, but i didn't dig the neck shape (too chunky for me). The passive was super nice though.

7. DonaldR

DonaldR

Mar 26, 2012
  8. BaltoNealio

BaltoNealio

Nov 19, 2016
    Yeah, me too. Based on my positive experiences with Squier basses, without first auditioning it, I confidently ordered the passive, metallic blue model; received it last week. A tad lighter (maybe around a pound) than my Fender American Pro, it has that classic J-bass sound and vibe. The bridge is a smidge larger than the Am Pro's, with truss rod access at the top of the neck. My bandmates were impressed with the matching headstock paint job --it is stunning--but more importantly they reacted favorably to its "J-Bassy" output. When unboxed, the intonation was spot on, the action only required very minor string height adjustments. I heard no dead spots, and the neck factory-set with a slight negative bow (which is how I prefer it); there was an extremely small paint defect at the tone pot at the edge of the plate where it meets the body...a tiny drop of darker blue paint. I feel confident to use it as my main bass for (smaller) gigs and rehearsals. Squier has definitely upped their game, and is giving the MIM line competition for hard-earned $$$.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    kingmacaw likes this.
  9. DonaldR

DonaldR

Mar 26, 2012
    I prefer my Squier VM Jazz 5 to all MIM I tried.

10. I like mine too. received yesterday. today i checked out new fender MIM musicmaster & jazz bass. they felt solid, looked good but not impressed with their sound or the neck in my hand. the contemporary jazz passive ceramic pickups have a great sound. i have no interest or need for the active model or its electronics.

BaltoNealio likes this.
  11. Luke S Mouse

Luke S Mouse Guest

Jun 5, 2009
    I looked at the Blue Jazz with matching headstock and just damn.

All my Klaus Flouride dreams dancing in my head.

zapped777 likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021