Squier contemporary jazz basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Donnix82, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Donnix82

Donnix82

Nov 26, 2016
    apparently Squier has come out with three new jazz bass models. A metallic blue or red jazz bass with Squier designed single coil pickups and matching headstocks and a four or five string jazz bass with two Squier designed humbuckers in black or white with matching headstocks, these are active the single coil is passive. If anyone has any more to offer on these please let me know.

Lumdingo likes this.
  2. Feralhog

Feralhog

Dec 29, 2014
    NH
    None

3. Lumdingo

Lumdingo

Dec 8, 2012
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Hire me to design your band's Merch.
    I want one! In particular, I want the passive jazz in red. I don’t like the blue at all unfortunately.

The HH ones with the humbuxkers are way cool, but I tend to prefer passive basses, so there’s that. They look great though.

4. Lumdingo

Lumdingo

Dec 8, 2012
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Hire me to design your band's Merch.
    I just saw one at Long & McQuade. I had asked them to bring one in, ... and they did. I was excited to see the red one. Alas, they brought in the ugly blue one... or so I thought. Wow!! The metallic blue is GORGEOUS! It’s even shimmery.

Now I want one.

The Laurel fret board is gorgeous, and the bridge is chunky and beautiful. If I bought one, I wouldn’t change a thing. It’s a heavy bass though, a lot like the Vintage Modified Series.

Attached Files:

5. Bent77

Bent77

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Anyone play one of the passives yet?

Compare to a VM or CV maybe?

6. Jay D.

Jay D.

Feb 1, 2014
    I picked one up in a trade yesterday. A friend of mine changed the pick guard and upgraded the pots. It’s seriously the quietest jazz bass I’ve ever played with respect to hiss and hum. I played it through my Rumble 200 with the classic bass boost set and it sounded fantastic. The neck feels great like a jazz bass should. N

Attached Files:

StrangerDanger likes this.
  7. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    I have absolutely no need but I really like the blue one. Heavy does not sound good though.

8. Jay D.

Jay D.

Feb 1, 2014
    IMO it’s not heavy at all. Feels solid and better build like the classic vibes or maybe a MIM. Squier stepped up their game with these new basses.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021