Squier CV 50’s P Bass v CV P Bass 50’s

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zapple, May 27, 2020.

1. Zapple

Zapple

Jan 26, 2017
    5th Dimension
    Besides color, a High Mass Bridge, and bass wood what are the differences between the CV P Bass 50’s compared to new CV 50’s P Bass? Asking for friend...

2. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Great china made vs Indonesia made.

Real Vintage fret vs vintage tall fret ( pretty like Ibanez SR3xx e fret )

Different neck profile.
    Different tuning machine.
    Different voice pickups.
    Different knobs.

Zapple likes this.
  3. Zapple

Zapple

Jan 26, 2017
    5th Dimension
    Not the same animals it appears. Whats your take on the differences, mainly the differences in the PU's? TY for there reply!

4. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    The china CV50P sound woody and tight,meanwhile indo CV50P sound more bright and clanky.
    The china CV50P has bassball type of neck profile but not overly thick, the indo CV50P has neck kind between China CV50P and CV70P. Still rounder than China CV60P.

On my hand,the vintage tall fret create more fretting noise than china real vintage fret. Better comfort fretting feel on china CV bass.

The indo CV50P sunburst I bought on March (sold after few weeks.... )has fake vintage threatsaddle bridge, but the indo white blonde 50P (not available at GC )look like has blank saddle without slot....

pcake and Zapple like this.
  5. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    IMG-20200311-WA0024.jpg

6. Zapple

Zapple

Jan 26, 2017
    5th Dimension
    Exactly the reply I was looking for! Is the China CV 50's neck closer to the neck on the new contemporary active jazz?

7. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    I have zero experience on contemporary jazz. But china CV 50p neck still slimmer than ibanez Talman bass neck.

8. Don't they still offer one made from pine ?

9. FantasticFour

FantasticFour

Dec 14, 2013
    Europeland
    Really???? They've changed that gem of a neck profile? But.... but.... :sorry:

10. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    Well damn, how did I get my information backwards. I somehow got the impression that the newer Indo CVs were superior to the MIC ones. I had commented on another member's post after he received a new CV 70s Precision with a bum neck. All I want is that walnut body though.

11. Zapple

Zapple

Jan 26, 2017
    5th Dimension
    @Relsom, picked up one of those CV P's in Walnut. Pretty sweet right out of the box!!! Hoping to land a Chinese 50 P int he next few days.... stay tuned.

Relsom likes this.
  12. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    From my understanding the older Made in China are the preferable CVs for most of the CV models.
    The same is not true with the Affinities and Standards which used to be made in a factory in Taiwan (mentioned as China on back of headstock), the Indonesian versions are better.
    I currently have an Indonesian CV Mustang that so far seems pretty good in terms of overall quality.

13. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    I wound up with a MIM '50s Classic Fiesta Red/Maple on a good deal here on TB. It's basically a Road Worn without the worn part...lol.

That means I still have the RW neck looking for a home.
    How is that walnut finished body? Are the seams very noticeable? Not sure how many pieces they need to use to make a body out of that NATO wood.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022