1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squier CV 60's P pick up Swap

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by okc-zee, Jan 27, 2012.

1. I own a CV 60's P Tthat I really like as far as feel and playability...However,to me the p/up in it sounds pretty thin...I was thinking of putting a 62 RI pup in it,as I'd like it to sound a little fatter than it has now...Has anyone done this,and did you get the result you were looking for ? Or is this just a waste of time and money... Any info appreciated...

2. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Putting a '62 pickup into any bass will sound awesome.

3. Doragon

Doragon

Sep 1, 2008
    San Jacinto, Ca
    I have had the 62's but they crapped out on me. Really liked the old school thump from them. Put a set of Lace Alumitones after the 62's went out. I put those in my Jag and now have p46's in it. Still like the 62's best for tone.

4. davelowell2

davelowell2 Uhh... FaFaFooey is BaBaBooey... Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    NYC via StL
    I have the same bass and was going to do the same swap but I changed the pots and cap and it seemed to open up a little and sound better, so I never changed the pup. Those pups sound great, though.

5. I did that as well as soon as I got the bass...The stock pups IMO just don't seem to have any depth to them...