1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Squier CV 70s P bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Thebrownarrow, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Thebrownarrow

Thebrownarrow

Jul 23, 2011
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a real nice P bass. Super good condition. Bass weighs a little under 9 pounds I believe.

The bass is stock. The EMGs have been taken out.

Little buzzing on A string. Cut the string too short and not enough tension.

Looking to trade for another Fender or Fender style P or PJ bass. Just getting the feelers out. Will throw in a new set of bass strings too. Also will be shipped in a thin gig bag.

$300 shipped. shipping in US only

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    noeinstein likes this.
  2. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    "There is a slight rattle on the A string."

... try to increase the break angle from the nut to the post (wind more towards bottom of the post) ... with only a wind and a half of the string on the post, could be tough, but that would likely solve the 'rattle' you are hearing if only on that string ... ;)

You have a price in mind for a sale?

3. Thebrownarrow

Thebrownarrow

Jul 23, 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I am sure it is an easy fix. Haven't really thought about selling it quite yet. Was hoping to just do a trade.

4. Rockonjp76

Rockonjp76

Aug 8, 2016
    716, NY
    Would you sell this?

5. raphaeld

raphaeld

Sep 19, 2012
    Israel
    This is a phenomenal bass, Love mine in which I've put Dimarzio pickup.
    Outstanding bass for the money and much more.
    I wouldn't sell mine that's for sure.

the buzz on the A string is inherent to the Fender/Squier design of the headstock (well known issue, just run a search here for - Fender A string Buzz- you'll see). I have it on all mines (3 Squier CVs) I solved it by either placing a tiny piece of paper under the A string or by leaving enough string to wrap it up on the tuner post.

lowdownthump likes this.
  6. Rockonjp76

Rockonjp76

Aug 8, 2016
    716, NY
    Did you take out the EMGs?

7. EMGs , stock or other? Buddy of mine's looking at these.