1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Squier Deluxe Jazz Bass Active V White

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nutdog, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    SOLD

It's one of these except it's white, which are no longer available. It's in excellent condition. I'd say mint except it has been played and has a bit of swirling on the back, visible mostly on the chrome neckplate. I don't see any blemishes. It's shiny.:cool: The block inlays are vinyl and will remove if you don't like them. 9.6 lbs on my bathroom scale.

It's has Sadowsky humcancelling pickups . Dead quiet. Original pickups included. Jack has been replaced with a barrel jack.

It'll ship in a Road Runner Polyfoam Bass Guitar Case

The case is in decent shape except it's missing two feet. If I were keeping it I'd take the other two off. Or you can attempt to find two matching feet. Or do nothing like I did and use it to ship a bass.:)

So, new, we have:

Bass: $329.99
    Pickups: $160.00
    Case: $ 59.99
    Total: $549.98

So let's say $350 shipped Fedex insured CONUS

file_zps4dbd7d81. file_zps67537f2f. file_zps7e58b3ad. file_zpsa939e41b. file_zps2cbed7f2.

Best bass for disco:

3117f075.

2. vernay3

vernay3

Jul 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Might be interested. How is the neck (profile/ shape)?

3. nutdog

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    It's 2 inches at the nut, .75 (19mm) spacing at the bridge. My truly un-expert description of the profile would be a wide C.:)

4. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Add a Sadowsky pre amp to this baby, and you will have a killer piece for $600 or so. I did exactly that. Mine is an absolute tone monster. Bump for one with a good head start on the upgrade!

5. ShirazBop

ShirazBop Gold Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Sweet... could one de-activate the existing pre and run with an outboard Sadowsky DI?

6. Jerry Ziarko

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Not exactly. The Squier pre is active only. You would need a onboard pre to do what I was talking about. A well worthwhile project IMO. I'm a little surprised this one is still here.

7. diglo

diglo Gold Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    Pm'ed

8. rojo412

rojo412 Walnut is fun! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I've had 4 of these basses and they have all been fantastic. There are actually 2 different designs and in my opinion, this is the better one.

It has a larger control cavity than the other one, so preamp upgrades are not a problem.
    And if I'm not mistaken, the pickup placement on this allows for adding a pick guard easily. A measurement from the edge of the neck to the edge of the neck pickup will confirm.
    I took an MIM 4 string pg and with a few minutes of Dremeling, it fit perfectly.

Not major things, but in my opinion, this is the better version of an already great bass.
    The upgraded pickups are a must and this is beautiful and rare example.
    GLWTS!

9. puremusic

puremusic

Nov 1, 2009
    Saginaw, MI
    I bought one 2 weeks ago good luck with the sale I would of loved to a got yours with those pup's.

10. nutdog

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    Thanks, gentlemen. It is amazing that something of this quality can be had at this price.

Thought I had a buyer but no payment or communication since yesterday morning so I guess it's still available.:)

The deal I had made was $320 and I kept the squier pickups. It was a little cheaper shipping because I priced it based on worst case scenario west coast shipping. If you're east of the Mississippi I'll do the same deal.

11. diglo

diglo Gold Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    PM'ed again

12. nutdog

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    Heard from buyer. He is still interested but is unexpectedly in negotiations with local law enforcement officials over a sum of money which is coincidentally very close to our agreed upon price. Communication is still a bit sketchy.

So, I'm going to say it's still available.

PS: If your pm reads something like this: "hey bro !
    is this bass still for grabs?" and you have zero posts and zero feedback I probably won't respond.

To be clear, none of the above refers to anyone that has posted in this thread.:)

13. jbares

jbares Ragin'Cajun Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Spoke too soon...bump for a killer deal!

14. Jerry Ziarko

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    :eek:

15. ShirazBop

ShirazBop Gold Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Sweeeeeet!

16. nutdog

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    This particular sale process is not without entertainment value.:D

17. I'd like to trade my MIM jazz V for that.

Anderson McCant likes this.
  18. nutdog

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    4th times the charm. SOLD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.