1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Deluxe Jazz V Active owners ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CH Design, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Upgrade the electronics and it will really make you think the bass is worth many times worth what you paid!

Sorethumb17 likes this.
  2. Syemour Duncan Basslines SJB-5 pickups drop in. Not the best pickups in the world, but for the money they are great. Really nice Slap tone from neck pickup and combines with an OBP-3 its a no brainer. I really wanted to do a set of Nordstrand Fatstacks, but got the SD pickups super cheap. If I find a white one used Im going to do the same mods, but with the fatstacks. As for pickguards and control plates i dont see the reason. The whole look of the bass is to not have them. I like it that way.

Sorethumb17 likes this.
  3. Sorry it took so long to reply.I've played my Squier a few times(without an amp,can you say Fender Bronco 40 in the very near future?:hyper:) It may be a future mod to change out the electronics.In the meantime, I've been looking at YouTube videos of the Squier and I'm digging the sounds you can get with the stock setup.

4. Sorethumb17

Sorethumb17

Oct 15, 2017
    Hi guys! Great work on the mods CH Design! Interesting thread. I've always liked the electronics from the Squier Deluxe Active basses. But I have a 70s VM Jazz 4 string that is just killer. Duncan Designed pickups, and immediately swapped to BadAss II bridge.
    Tone difference was obvious. Better sustain, feel.

So next project is to get the Deluxe Active harness (maybe with added active/passive switch) wired up with existing pickups.

I plan to move output jack to edge of the body, making room in original control plate.

Still questions regarding output jack from the Active harness. Could I use a regular (stereo) jack and regular jack plate? I believe the stereo jack is for power/switching for the active preamp. (I'm thinking like a remote turn-on wire. Completes circuit only when plugged in)

I'm greatly appreciative of any input, advice, critique, whatever.
    Thanks all!