1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squier Deluxe Jazz V owners !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JazzMarius, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Hy guys! U Squier owners, just wanted to know how u mod/upgraded ur basses?
    I have a Precision Special V wich is pretty the same size and just don't know how to find a 2" nut.
    I bought a vintage wiring kit from bassparts and a pair of sadowsky HC pickups.

I barrely wait to begin modding it.

What did u do with urs?
    This is a Great bass for the buck!

2. Check out this thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374320&h

3. I only have an affinty j 5'er but I just had some quarter pounders put in it and ultra light hipshots put on. Sounds and plays like a dream.

4. that is hot man! did u upgrade the nut ? it's hard ( or imposible ) to find a nut that large slotted !!

i have to do something about that!

i love that neck too, wide and very smooth.

5. oh, i will upgrade the tuners too... i am waiting for some !

got some fodera strings on the way too.

6. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    I bastardized mine pretty good.

First I defretted it...

then I replaced the active circuitry with a VVTT passive system...

Then I sloppily routed the pickup cavities to accept Standard Jazz V pickups. I then installed the pickups out of my Affinity J V.

In the affinity I have duncan 67-70 pickups. One day I'm planning to upgrade those to Quarter Pounds and then put these 67-70's in the Deluxe [in]Active.

I will one day make the pup routs cleaner, but for now, it's fine.

7. Mine's stock...
    I will be replacing the pickups soon, only because the SC's make too much noise outside of the centre-blend position @ church...but the pickups sound fine

but this has been my #1 player since May

I've done very little to it even setup wise...I did have to fiddle with the nut a bit (had to build up the slots a bit, too low)...and will most-likely make a new one from a delrin blank at some point...

I'm completely satisfied with this instrument

Alik likes this.
  8. i'm looking at some bridges too. don't know what it would fit. it has 4 screws on the higher part and 2 on the sides-low part.

any more squier lover¿?

9. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    A BadAss V will fit, the holes all line up. The size of the bridge will cover the 2 holes on the pickup side of the bridge, you'll have to drill 2 new holes on the sides...no big deal since the 4 in the center line up. It has a standard Fender Hole pattern, so whichever bridge has that hole pattern and it floats your boat, it's good.

DSC_4346.

DSC_5660.

10. that is sick man!!! ultra sick!!

i just rewired mine with the standard jazz® circuit and it's sounds good, but i am waiting for those sadowsky HC pups.

shielded it also and it sure improved the huming.

i am waiting for some tuners ( still hard to find some used ones at a good price, i am thinking at Hipshot HB7, if anyone has some.....help please )

eddie did u groove the baddass?

11. another problem solved. i got the tuners. Hipshot HB7 4+1. just that i have to wait a bit for them.

the pick-ups are on their way and the strings too....

let's see how this turns out!!:hyper::hyper:

12. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Be sure to post pics when done.

13. i sure will!!

it will be a Squier with an American heart !!