1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier GAS!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I just played a Classic Vibe 60s Precision that is in Fiesta Red like a Pino Pallidino Signature, and I was really impressed! The neck and fret work were excellent, the tone was perfect, and it must have only been 8.5 lbs. For $349, I was seriously tempted to buy it, and go play "Chicken Grease" along with my Voodoo CD!:D:bassist::D

2. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

CV and VM Squiers IMO are amazing values for the $$$. My main gigging 4 string is a fretless VM Jazz. Amazing bass.

3. Slappin'Da Bass

Slappin'Da Bass

Feb 5, 2010
    I thought my Squier Standard Jazz was quite the good value also, great tonal variety and feel to it... if only it didn't weigh 12.5 lbs, I wouldn't have traded it haha.

4. I just gigged a fretless VM jazz last weekend, sounded great. I used mostly the neck pickup and was able to get some great upright emulating.

I think Squier is going to sell a lot of these new Precisions, the Pino look is hard to pass up for that price.

5. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    It's not just the look either. That bass sounded comparable to a MIA P-bass, IMO.

6. I've got plenty of Precisions ... don't "need" another ... but ... but ... :bassist:

7. I've been away from the bass world too long! Didn't even know they came out with a fiesta red!! GAS!!!

8. davelowell2

davelowell2 Uhh... FaFaFooey is BaBaBooey... Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    NYC via StL
    Where was it?

9. MRDOOM

MRDOOM

Jul 16, 2009
    Utah
    I just played the fiesta red one, and it is awesome. nice tone, nice neck, lightweight, a good bass.

10. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Don't you wish you knew!:D

Seriously, it is in Swing City Music in Edwardsville, IL. Don't confuse it with the Collinsville store.

11. PDK

PDK

Nov 14, 2008
    Cleveland TN
    They must have just added the Fiesta Red. I had thought about one of these before but I couldn't stand Sonic Blue. This changes everything!

12. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
  13. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    There's a decent chance that the first time I see one of these, I'm going to walk out with it. I've tried the sonic blue ones and been really impressed, but I'd rather have this look (not for Pino as much as Bruce Thomas of Elvis Costello and the Attractions, but either way it's a great look).

14. Cannabass

Cannabass

Jan 22, 2010
    yeah whatever you wanna call it fiesta red with rosewood and tort guard is really sweet

15. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Anyone selling a VM fretless... I know I`m GASing for one :bag:

:D

16. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
  17. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Squiers own. Love mine (not a CV tho)

18. CV's are great i modded the hell out of mine , i have had all 3 models , but sold the 50's P and jazz , i still have the 60's P bass for now but am getting a bass i really wanted. However these Cv's are amazing and finding them used for around 200$ is easy.

19. itsalljustaride

itsalljustaride

Sep 23, 2009
    I played a VM Jazz at GC the other day and loved it. Probably pick one up this summer. I like the finish on the neck, and the block inlay is nice. I'm not really a huge Fender/Squier guy, so an inexpensive VM suits me fine.

20. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I had to go back and play it again today. Another older guy was in the store on guitar, and we jammed on "What's Goin' On?" At first, I used a Squier Seventies Jazz and it was okay, but when I picked up that Fiesta Red Sixties P - WOW!!!:eek::bassist: I got that Jamerson vibe in buckets! The fact I was going through an Ampeg 1x15 probably didn't hurt either!:smug: