1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squier J-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geoffkhan, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Okay, after playing a bunch of really expensive basses at the music store (Stingrays, Warwicks, etc.) I picked up a Squier Affinity J-bass. One word: wow! The feel was great -- the action was set up just perfectly, and the slap tone was the cat's pajamas. To me, that was the best bass there, and it was only $200. Anyone else like this bass, or is it just some weird personal preference?

http://www.elderly.com/images/fmic/55N/SQAFJ-BLK_front.jpg

2. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Squier's can be awesome but a lot of times they aren't.

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Check out the Essex ones - I havn't heard much about their 5 strings, but knowing them it's already good :p

4. Antonio

Antonio

Jul 8, 2004
    I got a Squire 50th Anaversary J Bass for $250 and I love it. The guy at guitar center wouldn't sell it to me, he kept telling me he had one all boxed up in the back and stuff, I told him no thank you! The thing doesn't grooooowl like an American, nor does it have all the puch, but for $250 I got a really nice sounding bass, not to mention it that it weighs lighter than a feather!

5. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    WoW this is pretty cool. I have been thinking of getting that bass myself. I played one a few weeks ago and thought it was a great bass. I have a Squire Affinity P-Bass which is a pretty nice sounding bass. Best thing I like about Squire I don't worry about them as much as I do my Fender. I can afford another $200 bass, but I cant afford one thats above $700. But I have been thinking about getting the Metallic Red one.

6. Squier Affinity P-Bass + EMG active pickups = killer p-bass

7. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Make that:

Squier Affinity P-Bass + Gotoh tuners + Dimarzio Model P pickups = killer p-bass

That's the thing I changed about my squier.