Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Squier J-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geoffkhan, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Okay, after playing a bunch of really expensive basses at the music store (Stingrays, Warwicks, etc.) I picked up a Squier Affinity J-bass. One word: wow! The feel was great -- the action was set up just perfectly, and the slap tone was the cat's pajamas. To me, that was the best bass there, and it was only $200. Anyone else like this bass, or is it just some weird personal preference?

http://www.elderly.com/images/fmic/55N/SQAFJ-BLK_front.jpg

2. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Squier's can be awesome but a lot of times they aren't.

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Check out the Essex ones - I havn't heard much about their 5 strings, but knowing them it's already good :p

4. Antonio

Antonio

Jul 8, 2004
    I got a Squire 50th Anaversary J Bass for $250 and I love it. The guy at guitar center wouldn't sell it to me, he kept telling me he had one all boxed up in the back and stuff, I told him no thank you! The thing doesn't grooooowl like an American, nor does it have all the puch, but for $250 I got a really nice sounding bass, not to mention it that it weighs lighter than a feather!

5. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    WoW this is pretty cool. I have been thinking of getting that bass myself. I played one a few weeks ago and thought it was a great bass. I have a Squire Affinity P-Bass which is a pretty nice sounding bass. Best thing I like about Squire I don't worry about them as much as I do my Fender. I can afford another $200 bass, but I cant afford one thats above $700. But I have been thinking about getting the Metallic Red one.

6. Squier Affinity P-Bass + EMG active pickups = killer p-bass

7. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Make that:

Squier Affinity P-Bass + Gotoh tuners + Dimarzio Model P pickups = killer p-bass

That's the thing I changed about my squier.