1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Jaguar Short Scale Club Part 3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Aug 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. OtherLisa

OtherLisa

Nov 30, 2013
    Speaking of the Bronco, has anyone had any experience with that? I gather the PU are not good but how is it in terms of playability? I'm not really a modding kinda person, but I'd consider getting one and upgrading it if the neck is good.

GBassNorth and EatS1stBassist like this.
  2. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    I had one I modded loved it!

GBassNorth and OtherLisa like this.
  3. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    C670DC17-20BE-418F-BFB1-7AE0C1BF6CAA.
    What about an Ibanez Mikro? I love mine and they are great Basses.

GBassNorth and OtherLisa like this.
  4. Downsman

Downsman

Jan 30, 2016
    Thanks, I was hoping it might have been a bit more of a hint that a replacement is on its way.

OtherLisa likes this.
  5. OtherLisa

OtherLisa

Nov 30, 2013
    You know, when I'd just started playing again and was looking for a potentially lighter bass, I tried one of these and for whatever reason it didn't float my boat. However, I'd also picked up a Jaguar SS and thought it was too neck-heavy -- though I did immediately love the way the neck felt. I ended up getting a Mustang PJ and then decided to grab the Jaguar because I remembered how much I liked the neck. So I really should revisit and see what I think about the Mikro. I do think that unless I pick up something that blows me away, I'm going to keep looking for short scale options. I have pretty small hands and short fingers but for years played the Jazz bass that's my avatar. It is a beautiful instrument and sounds great but it really weighs a ton. I was also the singer/songwriter so it was just a lot of work (I am not the monster bassist by any stretch!). I stopped playing for quite a long time and then about 2 years ago started up again because I'd moved home to San Diego and a friend asked me if I wanted to play in a band again.

Anyway, I was practicing on the PJ last night (the Jaguar is still at my friend's in Los Angeles -- hope to retrieve it next week) and I was just so damn happy it's hard to describe. I can do more on the short scale than I can on big basses, and it's like, I'm not having to fight with the instrument so much.

So I might actually start looking for an upgrade to the PJ as opposed to another Jaguar-type option. Though I'd sure buy another Jaguar in a heartbeat if one comes up!

(more than you all wanted to know I'm sure :D )

6. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    That’s Great Lisa! I was really blown away how deep and thick the micro sounds actually a beautifully made and beautiful sounding bass and super easy to play anyway just a thought good luck on your search. I saw a black SS Jag at adorama camera don’t know if it’s still for sale though anyway good luck have fun! EATS!

OtherLisa likes this.
  7. felis

felis

Jul 31, 2013
    Midwest, USA
    I had a couple Mikros. I actually liked the stock sound better than the Jag SS.
    I liked the looks, feel, body size, scale, and playability of the Jaguar better though.
    The Mikros are gone and the Jag SS's are here.

I'm curious to see what kind of a short scale replacement Squier will come out with.

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  8. OtherLisa

OtherLisa

Nov 30, 2013
    EATS, the listings at Adorama Camera all say "Backordered" so...not sure what to think. I'm going to keep checking and if/when this paycheck comes through, maybe I'll give them a call.

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  9. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    They are probably gone!:rollno:

10. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    D7FF4831-CCFB-46B0-AA94-993F9AA6F767.

Drestakil, Slinger, GoLeafsGo and 2 others like this.
  11. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Welcome "RushNut2112" ! You are Official Squier Jaguar Short Scale Club member number 227 :) .

EatS1stBassist and RushNut2112 like this.
  12. Yeeeeee-Haaaaaa!!!
    Pics to come on Tuesday once the bass arrives...

13. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    You should be member 226 1/2 until then...:D:thumbsup:

14. OtherLisa

OtherLisa

Nov 30, 2013
    BTW EAT, that is one pretty photo!

EatS1stBassist and Fat Freddy like this.
  15. I’m good with that...!!!

16. Just rec’d my black nylon tape-wounds, black pick guard screws, and some black metal dome knobs for the newest member of “Team Silver...” Photos to come so I can earn that “extra” 1/2 point to get my full membership number...

17. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Thanks OL!

18. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    38BC2646-1315-44DD-917D-F7AD52B466C4. Team Red and team Silver in black and white

19. No wonder they've sold out everywhere with you nutters buying two each :D

20. GoLeafsGo

GoLeafsGo Not Quite Right! Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Whitby Ontario
    Looking forward to seeing that!

Fat Freddy and EatS1stBassist like this.