1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Jaguar Short Scale Club Part 3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Aug 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Jebberz

Jebberz Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Quebec city
    Mine has QP both in neck and bridge, when the height is well balanced so the volumes are pretty much the same, it sounds very good. But I might change the bridge to a noiseless one at some point.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    GoLeafsGo and TraktorBass like this.
  2. What is that bridge? How easy/hard was it to install? I’ve been debating a new bridge for my jagg ss for a while now...

3. Grateful Dawg

Grateful Dawg

Nov 8, 2014
    It's a Hipshot bridge. The Jag came already upgraded, no idea how hard it was to install. The Jag however with that upgrade, plus the others:
    Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder PJ Pickups

Gunstreet Wiring Harness with clean full size CTS pots, Orange Drop, and Switchcraft Jack.

Chrome Knobs

Fully Copper Shielded Interior

LocDiAddario Chromes flatwounds sounds and plays almost as smoothly as my Fender American.

chippawajoe, Zoobiedood and Slinger like this.
  4. I've installed a different bridge on my Jaguar SS -- it was really pretty easy. You just have to make sure the holes line up.

NLbassguy likes this.
  5. alpho

alpho

Mar 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I
    I really like the looks of the upgraded knobs and bridge on your bass.
    I have a couple of comments, for anyone who wants to try the same mods.
    - I think Hipshot has direct replacements for the original bridge. Your bridge looks like the Hipshot A-style. It has three screw holes that fit the outer and center holes on the stock 5-screw bridge. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    - When I tried to install a new wiring harness, I discovered the stock pots were mini pots and control cavity was too small for the full-size pots on the harness. The owner who replaced them on yours must have enlarged areas of the cavity to accommodate the new pots.
    - I wanted to install chrome knobs on the stock mini-pots, but these pots have splined shafts. I couldn't find any chrome pots that were splined. They all had tightening screws which apparently will bend the splined shafts.

6. Nice! Kinda what I’m looking to do with mine eventually. Even as it came stock, an excellent bass, but I have replaced the P pickup with a vineham split p pickup (a guy who makes awesome pickups here in NL), and put flats on it. Been looking at bridges for a while, and not sure what exact size I need. I’ve got some slightly better pots I might eventually swap in there at some point.

I’m happy for now though, even as it is. I’ve got the black one like yours, I love how it feels/plays/looks. The bang for buck here is unreal.

Verne Andru likes this.
  7. The trick with those split-shaft pots (they break when used with a screw-mounted knob) is to put something in the split first. I use those plastic bread-bag clips clipped down to size.

DavesnothereCA and Queue like this.
  8. Queue

Queue

Jul 5, 2013
    DC Suburbs, USA
    I managed to squeeze in full size pots without any cavity mods, but I had to get creative in the placement of the wires and the connector tabs where soldered.

Jag_wires_20170621_000515.jpg

I put a mini chrome knob on the tone pot, as my finger was getting stuck between the knobs otherwise.

Jag_Chrome_Knobs.jpg

9. Lytepipe

Lytepipe

Sep 27, 2019
    Seattle
    Great idea to use a record for pick guard material!

10. Grateful Dawg

Grateful Dawg

Nov 8, 2014
    It's a nice contrast to my Mustang because the Jag came with flatwounds and the Mustang has roundwounds. With the upgrades the Jag plays just as nicely.

11. Grateful Dawg

Grateful Dawg

Nov 8, 2014
    And by the way, I still don't have a member number for the Jag owner's club! :(

12. Bass Man Stan

Bass Man Stan

Mar 29, 2019
    I haven't received a number as well, i'll settle for a small fractional number that better reflects my bass playing skills.

13. infragreen

infragreen

Jan 19, 2016
    Don't think of it as a fraction, think of it as a time signature! :D

Slinger and DavesnothereCA like this.
  14. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    From November 21st :) :

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Slinger likes this.
  15. RoadRanger

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    From May 3rd :) :

Bass Man Stan and Slinger like this.
  16. Bass Man Stan

Bass Man Stan

Mar 29, 2019
    You know after I posted that I started thinking maybe it was that other club (short scale mikro bass) that didn't issue me a number. Good job Road Ranger.

17. alack

alack

Nov 20, 2000
    Florida
    I don’t think I ever got a number. Purchased the black one in August 2018. Since then I scored a red one in a pawn shop.

18. Grateful Dawg

Grateful Dawg

Nov 8, 2014
    <Butthead mode> Uh, huh huh huh huh...

thanks, don't know how I missed it...

19. RoadRanger

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    From May 3rd :) :

alack likes this.
  20. RoadRanger