1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade Squier Jaguar Short Scale, priced at less than the cost of upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Phillip B, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Phillip B

Phillip B Chilling in the Sunshine State!

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hi all! I've been toying with short scale basses and picked this one up. It's a very cool bass, but I'm not bonding with it!

It started life as your basic $200 Squier Jaguar Short Scale.

But, before I got it, the previous owner spent more than that additionally in upgrading it!

He added:

Seymour Duncan SPB-3 Quarter Pound P-Bass Pickups ($75 @ Sweetwater Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB-3 Quarter Pound P-Bass Pickup - Black)

Seymour Duncan SJB-3 Quarter Pound J-Bass Pickup ($65 @ Sweetwater Seymour Duncan Basslines SJB-3 Quarter Pound J-Bass Pickup - Black Bridge)

Fender USA Bass Tuners ($30 each @ guitar-parts.com Fender American Deluxe Bass Tuner, 0063547000)

CTS Pots ($30?)

High Mass Bridge ($20 Imported)

Pickup Cover ($20?)

Flat Wound Strings ($40)

These appear to be the common upgrades that people in the TalkBass Squier Jaguar Short Scale Club do, so this may be a turnkey model for someone.

If we add $75 + $65 + $120 + $30 + $20 + $40 +$20, we get $370. And that's on top of the $200 that the bass cost! (i.e a total of $570!)

So it seems to me that $250 is pretty reasonable if you're the type that is planning on upgrading.

If you're not planning on upgrading, then move along - nothing to see here for you! ...cause I'm asking $250 for a $200 bass! :D

I took these pics before I cleaned it up.

The only obvious flaw is under the pickup cover. (Although the Jbass cover appears to have been too long, and the PO took plastic off the ends)

DSC_5440 chrome knob.

DSC_5438 chrome knob. 2016-08-11 15.21.41. 2016-08-11 15.28.39. 2016-08-11 15.32.48. 2016-08-11 16.27.38. DSC_5430.JPG

I also have a Badass bridge I would add for an extra $60 if that is something you would be interested in.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    Mike Sorr likes this.
  2. moshea45

moshea45

Sep 19, 2016
    Philip,

I was looking for a starter for my son
    I have no idea how to purchase? Ebay
    My e-mail is moshea 45@gmail.com

3. Phillip B

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    The way that purchases are usually made on TalkBass is via PayPal (just like on eBay).

If you don’t have a PayPal account, go to www.paypal.com and follow the directions. Then you can send money to anyone with an e-mail address

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    $250 shipped?

5. moshea45

moshea45

Sep 19, 2016
    Philip,

That's agreeable. Figure I can clean up most of the road rash, and replace the tuners eventually.
    But for right now its going to get lugged between home and school.
    My long scale is too big and too nice honestly.
    Do I just log on to paypal and pay directly to your e-mail?
    Or does it go through talkbass?
    Marty

6. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Why would you replace those tuners?

7. moshea45

moshea45

Sep 19, 2016
    Black Schallers maybe

8. moshea45

moshea45

Sep 19, 2016
    I guess I need your e-mail address to pay you.
    Marty

9. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Not what, why? The ones on it are very good tuners. This bass needs nothing.

10. Phillip B

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    On hold, pending deal finalization...

11. Richie Se7en

Richie Se7en Finger-lickin' Hood Supporting Member

Is this bass sold? It can't be taking him that long to get a Paypal account, could it? :D

If not, talk to me, please.

12. moshea45

moshea45

Sep 19, 2016
    Just waiting on final #

13. Richie Se7en

Richie Se7en Finger-lickin' Hood Supporting Member

Okay, thanks. Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but it's been a while and thread wasn't marked Sold.

Good luck and enjoy! :thumbsup:

14. moshea45

moshea45

Sep 19, 2016
    Are you still planning on selling?
    Marty

15. Mike Bird

Mike Bird

Feb 19, 2015
    Is this bass sold? I'm sure it is, but wanted to check. If not....I'll buy it right now.