1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

squier jaguar special pickup problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by barthfukel, Aug 10, 2012.

1. barthfukel

barthfukel

Aug 4, 2012
    hi so im on my first time installing pickups in a bass and its on a squier vm jaguar special bass(the one with out the ducan pickups)and i installed a set of bassline's in it p/j and it has a active bass boost and master tone and i did not upgrade any pots i just solderd the pickups to the pots. heres the problem when i plug it into my 25w ampeg practice amp with all the controls up full it sounds awesome but when i plug it into my hartke 3500 with all the controls up i get this nasty distortion when i play the e string hard and only when the bass boost is on and thats at any level of the bass boost from 1 to 10 if i turn it all the way down its fine but of corse it dosent sound as good, even when i turn the bass down on the amp i still get it and it did not do this with the stock pickups. im just wondering is it because of the cheap preamp in it and if thats the case im preparded to make it passive for now do yall think thats the way to go?