1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squier James Johnston Jazz = CV 60's Jazz ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tjh, Jul 20, 2012.

1. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    I just quickly saw one of these, and from that glimpse seem to think that this is in essence, a Squier CV 60's Jazz, with pretty paint ??

Again, I am looking for feedback here from those that have this bass, and hopefully have or have had the CV Jazz ... but for all intents and purposes, this (without hearing/playing it) seemed to be very similar, if not the same in components ??

... same neck tinting save for painted headstock, same tuners, same vintage frets on a 9.5 radius board ... same pups, knobs, and brass saddle high-mass bridge ...

.. feel free to chime in and correct my thinking, or confirm it please ... thank you

2. Gimme4

Gimme4

Feb 27, 2011
    Yes-it's a CV 60's jazz with LPB paint. Gassin for one myself.

3. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Don't forget the mintgreen tinted pickguard (pairing the one one the Fiesta Red bodied Simon Neil's Squier Stratocaster)

Apart from that, yeah: very same bass really

I normally don't mind price, if it's worth

But think about I swappped US Bartolini neck pickup, Seymour Duncan HotStack bridge pickup & Hipshot BT1 bass extender in my stock Classic Vibe all in the price of a James Johnston's.

Cheers,
    Wallace

4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    ... no gas for one here .. just noticing components ... :)