1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Japanese Precision Bass Pickguard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by auximines, Oct 26, 2009.

1. auximines

auximines

Dec 18, 2008
    I just acquired a 1983-1984 Squier Japanese Vintage Precision Bass. Serial number starts with SQ. Will the standard p-bass pickguard fit this bass? It seems just a tad smaller than a standard Fender or Squier precision.

I am looking for a tortoise shell pickguard for this bass. Where can I possibly find one? :help:

2. kenjikun

kenjikun

Apr 27, 2008
    Japan
    Fender Japan instruments use standard size P/G on all their models. ( One time I switched the P/G of my '92 Squier and '07 Fender P and both fitted perfectly, even the screwholes) I make it clear, this is only for Fender instruments made in Japan. So you have to buy or order P/G that is for Japan made instruments only. There are also 3rd party manufacturer here that sells P/G for MIJ Fender that fits perfectly. That is why, when you buy P/G here, the store always asks if the instruments is US made or Japanese made.

This is a typical Fender Japan P/G
    [​IMG]