1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Jazz Bass for $200?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rodak, Dec 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rodak

rodak

Jun 14, 2005
    tubestuff, dxb and pudge like this.
  2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Pictures of different basses and a guitar? Jaguar in the description? I don't see the words new or used anywhere. I can't tell from where the bass is being sold. Is that a reputable webiste and the lack of/wrong details are normal? $200 shipped for a Squier VM jazz that's new is great but I don't know what's actually being sold.

Wfrance3 and Duder like this.
  3. rodak

rodak

Jun 14, 2005
    Slickdeals is just a site that brings deals people find to a central place. The seller is Adorama, bass is new, coupone code "HOLIDAYFUN" brings the price down to $200 with free shipping. Reading the Slickdeals discussion often gives you some insight into the deal that you might not find anywhere else. For instance, there's one poster who gives a bleak impression of Adorama's service, but 2 or 3 others come along pointing out multiple excellent past experiences, and one calls the first guy out as apparently making a habit of repeating his same bad experience every time someone posts a guitars deal from Adorama.

tubestuff and FenderB like this.
  4. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    $200 shipped for a new Squier sunburst VM Jazz is a very good deal. The regular price at MF is $299.

Reedt2000 likes this.
  5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Slick deals and adorama have always just been unwanted popups and ad banners for me. Are they reputable?

Big Hoss and madjazzbass like this.
  6. Click on Edit & then More Options, where you can edit the title.
    The correct spelling of the brand is Squier.

I've bought stuff from Adorama w/o problems in the past.

madjazzbass and johnson79 like this.
  7. Adorama has been around for a while. They are not just some recent Internet on-line startup.
    I've purchased from them both personally and for work and have not had any issues.
    I think they started out as a camera store, and expanded into pro audio/video and now music.

Micah D, twocargar and Reedt2000 like this.
  8. rodak

rodak

Jun 14, 2005
    I've bought from Adorama once or twice, no problems or complaints. Slickdeals is just a "broker" - a place to post deal you find, usually a sale combined with a coupon code or rebate. They don't sell anything, just lead you to where the deals are. I often like to just read the deal discussion, sometimes good information there, sometimes it's just entertaining.

Pirate Captain likes this.
  9. rodak

rodak

Jun 14, 2005
    Yeah, i mis-spelled it even the 2nd time. I must be blind - the only "Edit" link i see is to edit the "tags".

10. rodak

rodak

Jun 14, 2005
    Aha, found it! It was hiding under "thread tools"

madjazzbass and Killed_by_Death like this.
  11. Thread tools? Heh heh. Can I use that the next time someone is being a thread tool? :smug:

Spidey2112 likes this.
  12. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    If if you can actually get a VM Jazz for $200, jump on it. Those are very good basses with a little setup.

13. Adorama is one of the handful of BEST online camera stores, with a great rep in the photo community.

My guess is that they (like B&H) broadened out into home and pro audio/video, and carry musical gear as well. Not really one of the first places you'd think of to buy music gear and they're probably overstocked. The ad lists the model #: I'd cross-check that it IS the VintMod and not an Affinity, and if it is, that's a hell of deal.

But I'd have no worries at all dealing with Adorama.

Micah D likes this.
  14. Kyllsa

Kyllsa

Mar 23, 2017
    Netherlands
    I'd bite if it were me.

15. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I didn't know that. I think the name throws me off.

16. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    ADORAMA,did me right.Picked up this mustang for 399.Big reputable camera /audio store.No issues at all with them."AD" o rama sounds kinda scamish but I 've bought photography gear from them many times with no prob. IMG_5060.JPG

17. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I've done business witgh Adorama a few times with electronics, never an instrument.
    They have it together. I'd do business with them again for sure

pudge likes this.
  18. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    I remember Adorama ads in camera mags in the 70's. Probably been around longer than that. I don't see a problem there at all.

19. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Elitist Jazz Snob ********

Dec 22, 2016
    Shelter Island, NY USA
    Adorama's physical store (in NYC) is EXACTLY like B&H's physical store (in NYC), just a little smaller. Also, you can't buy from either of them from Friday night till Saturday Night...not even from the website. The owners of both are Hassidic, and very observant.

Micah D likes this.
  20. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

My GF is a photography buff. We ordered a lot of camera gear from Adorama over the years. Buy with confidence. They’re reputable.

Interesting how more and more camera shops are getting into music gear. In some respects, the photo and video gear market is very similar to the musician market in that it’s powered by GAS.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    SaxBass likes this.