Squier Jazz Bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sheepdog, Mar 18, 2004.

1. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    How are the routed under the pickguard. I was thinking of getting one and putting a P in the neck position (like the Jass body better than the P body). Wasn't sure if it had a large route under there like some other cheaper basses.
  2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Not sure on this. Someone at the Fender Forum would know. Try the Squier Forum over there.

3. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    the cheaper basses have a larger cavity routed out as to save time by not having to fish wires through a small little cave in the body,insted they have a large route so the wires lay in much easier.
    But you cannot put a p-bass style pick-up in a jazz routed cavity no matter what model bass it is without some modification.
    the better the bass the tighter the route is to the p-up,take the p-gaurd off a mex jazz and see that you cannot leave it off like on a U.S. made,it will have a large river like routing in the body connecting that section to the electronics and knob section,in other words it wont look like a "JACO" style bass.
  4. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    if it has a tub route, a P pickup should fit it seems (possibly a little modification. I would use it with a pickguard, I would just have to get one made with a P route instead of a J route.