Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

squier jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by old_skool, Jul 27, 2001.

1. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    i just picked one of these up at my local guitar store. i was looking for a cheap 4 string bass for dropped tunings. man this thing plays great, sounds great, and looks great. it was a very impulsive buy but im very happy with it. im not sure what kind of deal i got on it but i got the bass with a gig bag, strap loks, a strap and some picks for $288. anybody else played one of these? whaddya think?

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    anyone? im curiouse to see what others think about this bass.

3. Couldn't you of gotten an MIM for about the same price?

4. I have a MIM Jazz and an old Korean Squier Jazz that I love. I played one of the newer Squier Jazzes a while back, and was extremely impressed. I think the pickups were even humbucking, which means to me that you don't have to do anything to the bass to have an excellent player with low noise.

If it plays good, you got a great deal, and welcome to the world of playing a good bass that you don't have to worry about, since it was so cheap.:D I dig it.

Chris

5. I used to have a MIM squier jazz. Played great, even though it needed some serious shielding. I kind of miss the skinny neck on that thing.