1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Squier Jazz body, almost loaded.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Dean N, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Dean N

Dean N

Jul 4, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Price:
    $110
    Just add your choice of electronics and paint.

I lost interest in finishing this build.
    Here's a lightweight Squier agathis body that just needs scuff sanded and re-sprayed. Comes with:

New warmoth white pearl pickguard
    New Gotoh 203 bridge
    New Allparts control plate and knobs
    Allparts chrome neckplate

110 shipped. Aside from the body, everything is brand new and unused.

20170117_220655. 20170117_220655. 20170117_220708.

Attached Files:

2. This would be a cool project. Is that just primer on the body? No actual paint. I'd be looking to route it out a bit for some specific pickups.

3. Dean N

Dean N

Jul 4, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    It is automotive paint (Martin Senour Acrylic Urethane) with Spraymax clearcoat that I sanded down... the blue color coat was a bit lacking in coverage and I was going to respray, but just lost interest (happy with the jazz in my avatar). You can certainly treat the paint on there now as primer.

EDIT: the color coat is an acrylic urethane... not an enamel or lacquer or polyurethane; the clear is a catalyzed polyethylene. Putting a topcoat over these will be no problem.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  4. I was just thinking of routing out the current pickup routes to fit larger pickups. I'd probably just reranch the hell out of it once the routing was done. Do you know what the weight is?

5. Dean N

Dean N

Jul 4, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Just under 4 1/2 pounds.
    20170119_075453. 20170119_075430.

willsellout likes this.
  6. Pep

Pep Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    What pickup is supposed to go in the neck position?

7. Dean N

Dean N

Jul 4, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    A regular single coil jazz pickup. When the pickguard is mounted, the big route is concealed.

But really, anything that fits (or you could route for something else), though you'd need a custom pickguard.

8. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    This is a good deal. I'm making wiring harnesses for basses (thread here in classifieds), and would be happy to make one for whoever buys this.

Dean N likes this.
  9. Dean N

Dean N

Jul 4, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Payment pending

10. Dean N

Dean N

Jul 4, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    And sold! Crazy fast payment, thank you Jimmythebass.