1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Jazz MIK or Ibanez GSR190

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by phdwiz, Mar 12, 2009.

1. phdwiz

phdwiz

Mar 11, 2009
    I have the opportunity to grab either a Squier Jazz (1997 Korean) and an Ibanez GSR190 (age unknown). Between the two, which would you suggest for a relative novice trying to learn Funk and Jazz - including the occasional slapping?

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    They both are decent beginner instruments. The Jazz will hold it's value a little better, though. I'd play both before deciding.

3. bassistgook

bassistgook

Feb 5, 2009
    I personally don't care for squier and like ibanez basses, but the squier might work better for what you wanna do. I'd suggest trying them both and see which feels and sounds better to you. Hope this helps

4. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    I own both a fender Jazz and an Ibanez Roadstar Series II and I was smitten with the Ibanez until the day I got my jazz..Since then, I've barely touched it.

Do what these guys are telling you. Play them and go with the one thats going to have you wanting to play it all the time.

5. I have a Korean '89 Squier P that has a great neck, and I got it by trading a Korean '98 Squier Tele that had top-notch construction, so I'd get the Squier.
    Unless you like the feel of the Ibanez better.

6. phdwiz

phdwiz

Mar 11, 2009
    Problem solved. Ibanez neck is warped slightly and cannot be easily fixed. Squier VN7___ sold last night. Might just have to grab that MIM Jazz ($300 in Wine/White - year unknown).