1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier jazz pups died?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Azzi, May 6, 2010.

1. Azzi

Azzi

Jul 13, 2009
    Not sure exactly where this goes so sorry if it's the wrong section, and I searched best I could and didn't find anything. I'm not so knowledgeable when it comes to the electronics or the bass itself but I was just playing it through an amp and it went silent. It's not the amp since my other bass plays fine ,so any suggestions on what happened?

2. gforce9

gforce9

Dec 19, 2007
    While it is possible both pickups died at the same time, it is much more likely something else. First, does your bass have any 'active' (requiring a 9v battery) component? If your not sure, open her up and look. On active circuitry, a dead battery= no output. If it is a fully 'passive' bass (no battery required), my guess is a wiring short somewhere.

3. Azzi

Azzi

Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks for the info but I found the problem, I took off the guard with the knobs on it and a wire came loose.