1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squier jazz vm 77 vs Fender jazz mexico std

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lukiluk, Mar 2, 2017.

1. lukiluk

lukiluk

Oct 12, 2012
    Torino,Italy
    Hi folks,
    there is too much difference between the two? i prefer the squier look,but the overall sound and the playability? which is better?

2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

In my personal experience, I've encountered excellent and not-so-good examples of VM Squiers and MIM Fenders. If you can, try them out before you buy. Given the level of technology at work producing both instruments, not to mention the surge in Fender/Squier quality control after 2008-2009, either one could be great.

If you like the looks of the VM '77 Jazz, but a black and maple MIM Fender wins you over, it would be quite easy to give it the cosmetic enhancements to make them look alike. All you'd need is a black/white/black MIM Standard pickguard, some Stratocaster-style knobs and a set of vinyl "inlays" courtesy of Jockomo. ;)