1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squier Jazz vs ibanez soundgear

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr L, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    First I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

I've played guitar for nearly 5 years now and the bassist in our band dropped out for personal reasons so I thought why the hell not I'll do it.

Anyways long story short I bought a $50 squier Jazz bass from a guy I know and it's in excellent condition. However upon further looking I'm wondering of the quality of the squier (for a band situation) so this connection of mine also has an ibanez soundgear available.

Really just looking for some newbie tips on these basses. Also lookin for suggestions on other basses (really not looking for something extremely expensive as me playing bass is most likely temporary)

2. SwagAttack

SwagAttack

Sep 14, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    If you can try the Ibanez, you should do it. You may like the feel better. But if it is only temporary and you aren't going to stick with playing bass, just get whatever is cheaper.

3. tbird99

tbird99

Jun 29, 2012
    Dalton, Ga
    Ibanez in my opinion but it depends on what series that squier was

4. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Would you please let us know which Squier Jazz bass and which Ibanez Soundgear in particular?
    Thank you: this is gonna ease the answer for all of us, then up to us to make up your mind on which one and why

Thank you in advance for any further information...

Cheers,
    Wallace

5. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    This is where the lack of knowledge comes in. I do not know what the make of either are. I am not anywhere near my squier atm so i can't check on it or anything but i can ask the guy i got it from what either of them are.

6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Very personal preference, and can vary from bass to bass pretty drastically, but in most instances, I would pick the Squier hands down.

7. Wallace320

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Let's start from his feedback then!

Cheers,
    Wallace

8. Wallace320

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    But then again, let's wait n'see...

Cheers,
    Wallace

9. Doesn't much matter either way.

Squier and Ibanez (plus a ton of other brands) have decent lower-price instruments.
    If you like the way one feels in your hands over another, good choice.
    But if the sound of this brand appeals to you more than THAT brand, buy it.

The way they look are just as valid a reason to make a buying decision as any other.

Go shopping.
    Buy whatever bass you feel a connection to, of some kind.