1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

squier jv 82'

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pools, Sep 12, 2004.

1. pools

pools

Feb 28, 2004
    I can't find any message about this bass!!!!
    what do you think about it ? sometimes i've read that are very good, i want a jazz bass and i'm so confused on which model....better a squier jv or a reissue 62 american?
    sorry for the stupid questions (i know that a bass should be tried) but more voices i hear and better is my decision... :help:

thanks....

2. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I have a squire of the SQ seires numbers so it's a year older I think....If you have one of the MIJ Squires....I consider them to be as nice as anything with the Fender name on it and I've had a bunch of Fenders.

I have a good friend with a '62 re-issue that I borrow from time to time and it's a great bass as well.

Neither one is a dog at all. I would think the '62 would cost more and carry a better resale value but that has no bearing on actual tone or playability.

However...both of them are firewood comapred to my Sadowsky :D

3. The JV / SQ Squiers, MIJ and CIJ models are excellent for Fenders.

I own a Str*t and after swapping out the pickups, it is the best Str*t I've ever played including the Custom Shops (with the exception of an original, battered '65 that gave me goosebumps). I believe the basses are similarly excellent, and I would love to get an 80's MIJ Jazz.