squier jv 82'

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pools, Sep 12, 2004.

1. pools

Feb 28, 2004
    I can't find any message about this bass!!!!
    what do you think about it ? sometimes i've read that are very good, i want a jazz bass and i'm so confused on which model....better a squier jv or a reissue 62 american?
    sorry for the stupid questions (i know that a bass should be tried) but more voices i hear and better is my decision... :help:

2. Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I have a squire of the SQ seires numbers so it's a year older I think....If you have one of the MIJ Squires....I consider them to be as nice as anything with the Fender name on it and I've had a bunch of Fenders.

I have a good friend with a '62 re-issue that I borrow from time to time and it's a great bass as well.

Neither one is a dog at all. I would think the '62 would cost more and carry a better resale value but that has no bearing on actual tone or playability.

However...both of them are firewood comapred to my Sadowsky :D
  3. The JV / SQ Squiers, MIJ and CIJ models are excellent for Fenders.

I own a Str*t and after swapping out the pickups, it is the best Str*t I've ever played including the Custom Shops (with the exception of an original, battered '65 that gave me goosebumps). I believe the basses are similarly excellent, and I would love to get an 80's MIJ Jazz.