Squier Musicmaster Fever

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Oct 6, 2003.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000

i am interested in this short scale bass. have you ever played one?

do you knoiw id there is on on sale where you live?

thanks a lot
  2. Squier is Fenders lower end line. They compare to the Mustang basses I owned and played in the early 70's.

Read More here.

Squier MusicmasterBass

[​IMG] Treena
  3. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Right now, a '78 Musicmaster is my main gigger... GC was blowing out these Squiers a few years back at $99... I should have picked up a few... Yeah, they're the low-end of the product line, but the build quality wasn't that bad, and the pickup sounded pretty nice... By the time I decided to go get one, they were out, (yet another example of me snoozing and losing!!)...

If I saw one today at the right price, I'd snatch it... I will differ a bit with Treena though... You're not going to find any Squier axe that's even close to that nice Mustang pictured! Even my Musicmaster, (which at the time was the budget bass), smokes the newer ones, IMO...

4. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    finally scored one.
    in pink...

really enjoiable bass!!!
  5. Couple years ago my 77 P's jack pooped out pre-gig so I borrowed our drummer's Squier MusicMaster -- one of the old "Vista Series" models. All-round fine instrument, very very fun to play -- I came close to making him an offer for it.