1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Squier Musicmaster Vista 7.5 lbs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gmarcus, Dec 26, 2016.

1. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Price:
    Strings:
    30" short scale. Late 90's sea foam green with a bunch of upgrades including: Hipshot Ultralight tuners, Dimarzio humbucking pickup, graphtech bridge saddles and TI Jazz Flat strings. Sounds good and is in very good shape with a few minor dings and scratches.

This is a really great light weight (7.5 lb) players bass it balances nicely on a strap with absolutely no neck dive. No hum with the new pickup. The original single coil hummed like crazy. I just can't play anything without 5 strings these days.

Comes with a decent fender gig bag

Local sale preferred, but will ship if you pay for the pack and ship at Fedex.

Attached Files:

2. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    This is the coolest color with all the upgrades already done!GLTS.I didn't see this, ididn't see this I didn't see this

3. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    Its a sight that can not be unseen ;-)

pudge likes this.
  4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Since you didn't mention it, I assume the original parts (pickup, tuners) are gone?

5. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    The ears on the tuners rattled. I need to look around, I might have them and would either include them in the sale or sell separately.

6. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    I found the original tuners complete with the bushings and all of the screws and also the bridge saddles. Couldn't find the pickup

7. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    That bass don't suck

pudge likes this.
  8. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    here is a picture of the original tuners 20161226_174636_resized. 20161226_174728_resized.

9. bluesfordan

bluesfordan

Sep 3, 2009
    N.H.
    what is the action like? Can the truss rod handle the flats? I had a tele neck give up the ghost after putting flats on it so that is why I'm asking

10. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    The TI Jazz flats are pretty low tension so there is no problem. Action is medium to low and really easy to play.

11. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    I'm getting a lot of interest in this one on the PM

12. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Where in MA are you? I live in Danvers....

13. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    I'm in Cambridge. You are second in line right now. I got a PM right before your post.

14. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    PM went quiet. I could meet you half way for a cash deal.

15. notejung

notejung Supporting Member

Pm's sent

16. notejung

notejung Supporting Member

Pm's sent again

17. Daniel1985

Daniel1985

Apr 13, 2018

Tell me about that pickup. Did it sound good? I just bought one of these basses.

Attached Files:

18. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    Honestly the original pickup sounds better if you can handle the hum. The Dimarzio has no hum and high output, but it was kind of dull sounding. I'm not sure how it would have sounded at a gig because I never played it out. It might also sound better with round wound strings and the DiMarzio. Wasn't a great match to the TI's if you want any sparkle. It was kind of like a thuddy Pbass sound but without the Pbass moan. I'd suggest playing it as is for a while before ripping it apart.

19. Daniel1985

Daniel1985

Apr 13, 2018
    Awesome. Thank you.

20. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    The pups are famous, but I couldn't deal with the noise. Swapped mine out for a Duncan Tele-Stack. Booms at the low end, almost twangs at the top.