Squier Musicmaster Vista Pickup....

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ZenG, Aug 20, 2017.

1. In another thread I read that this bass:- Squier Musicmaster Vista:- (Shortscale) has a really good pickup
    in it (stock...and it's supposed to be a like a '51 P-Bass).

I'd actually never heard of this bass so I imagine it's been out of production for ages.

And that would apply to the pickup too, if you wanted to replace it I guess.

But wait...Seymour Duncan makes the SCPB-1...which is a '51 P clone , looks similar.

Could you use the SD to replace the Squier original?

And....it appears to be single-coil...so NOT a humbucker...which means inevitable "hum"?

SD page doesn't show the specs (says page contains error) but I was thinking this could be a candidate for a Squier Bronco pickup maybe too. ( need specs for finicky Bronco string spacing though).

MusicMaster Vista Ad.jpg

SD pup:-

11820335_800.jpg

2. burl0029

burl0029 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    I'm a big fan of the Squier Vista Musicmaster. I own four of them. The stock pickup is quite amazing, though it doesn't look like the one you posted. It looks more like the SCPB-3 from SD. If you want to do a bit of reading I did a bunch of measurements in the past here. You might have to scroll down a bit.

ZenG likes this.
  3. burl0029

burl0029 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    St. Paul Park, MN
    BTW, if you want to read more about the bass check out the whole club thread.

ZenG likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021