Squier "musicmaster" where are these coming from?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nunk6, May 13, 2001.

1. nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    i took a trip to Guitar Center and then a local shop and each had at least 4 of these, a one pickup strings through body, pink bass made by squier i think they were called 'musicmaster's
    are these still in production or what, they couldnt have all been used
  2. PuNk BaSSisT

PuNk BaSSisT

May 1, 2001
    They are the spawn of the devil!

Stay away if you know whats good for ya! :D
  3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I was looking for one of those (not pink) before I transitioned to 34" scale. What were they getting for them? I never could find one.
  4. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    They used to have a bunch here at the local GC, (Tigard, OR)... They were going for $99 and only came in pink... Trying to attract the girl bassists maybe, (though I found the color kinda cool... Yeah, I am secure enough in my masculinity to like pink!:D!).

I came very close to picking one up, as my first 'real' bass was a '78 MusicMaster... At the time, I didn't appreciate what a cool little axe it was, (ya never do)... Then it got stolen, and I miss it terribly!

IMO, the Squire Musicmaster had a pretty convincing tone, and for $99 was a he!!uva buy. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, picked one up but didn't. Now I can't find 'em anywhere...

Oh well, after the EUB, Five String, and MIM J-Bass re-furbish are completed, a 30" scale instrument is my next project...

5. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    the question it not "where" the question is "why".
  6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    The Squier Musicmasters came out about four years ago as part of the Korean-made ProTone series and lasted in the market for about a year.

They were an update of the old Fender MusicMasters, with the through body stringing and actual BASS pickups (Fender Musicmaster bass pickups were really guitar pickups, with six pole pieces) the main differences.

If GC has new ones for sale, Fender must have found another pile of old stock in a warehouse somewhere.
  7. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Music Masters themsevles have been out a while, my first bass was a Squire Music Master, really nice basses. They're only a 30" scale (if I remember properly?) mine was about $250, then again I think that's when Squire first started making them. It was a nice bass. I'd check one out if I were you.