squier or rouge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by carvindude26, Jan 30, 2002.

1. carvindude26

carvindude26 Guest

Dec 31, 2001
    Miami FL
    i mean i know they both suck but im desperate, im going to get an acoustic bass.. and in MF they have a squier and rouge in my price range.. so which would be the better pick?
  2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    squier.sound better,feel better,look better and higher quality.squier special p-bass with p/j configuration is what you should get.
  3. search on ebay
    i'm thinking of getting a michael kelly acoustic bass. they are cheap and look good
  4. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2001
    The Midwest of USA
    Sorry, I can't recomend either. :( Save your $$$ my friend and get something that will make you happy for years to come. And a bass...! :D

The Taylor is my personal fav'...'tis what I have.
  5. Duff_Man182

Jul 28, 2001
    Miami,Fl USA
    damnit miguel u had 2 buy that new high tech super fast computer! bah...anyway...go for the squier it should be better quality. and ontbrake up with barbie u crusty nerd with crooked glasses u.
  6. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
  7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

This isn't a chatroom.
  8. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Rouge? You're trying to decide between a Squire and makeup??
  9. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I say neither. I trhink you will be dissappointed in the long run with the quality and the sound of an acoustic bass.. acoustics aren't like an electric bass. on an electric.. you can modify the pups and change some other things around and get a fairly decent sounding bass.. On an acoustic bass... well.. you get the sound of the bass. the pups don't change the sound.... On that note i say save up.. Tacoma basses are the best acoustic basses i've ever played.. and you can get them for around $700
  10. xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    Don't listen to the guys teling you how acoustics suck, they really don't I love my Takamine and think that it have a very deep and unique sound, it's great. Anyway I would sugest shopping around on the net for a better deal than the one on mf I got my takamine with a hard case for about $450 with shipping, so I know it can be done. Just look and go play some cause I hated all the Fender acoustics that I played and wouldn't have have wasted the money on them, but it's your choice. Good Luck man and you owe it to yourself to go play one before you even think anymore about buying an acoustic and try a Martin or Taylor while your at it just so you know how good one CAN play.