Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

squier or SX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jeenyus, Jul 9, 2005.

1. first off i want to say i read most the threads about rondomusic so dont shoot me

but....

i have a standard squier p bass...thinking about getting an SX p/j.......how would they compare as far as quality and sound

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    IMO the SX would be a better bass, though there are some great Squiers and some horrible SX's.

The question is, are you happy with your current bass?

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    lol don,t shoot me,why your question,is so obvius,SX all the way,

4. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I agree... SX is muuuuuuuuuch better. I have a Squier P Bass too along with a SX Jazz(Came Yesterday!!)and IMO the SX just blows my Squier out of the water. The sound, construction, look, everything is just so much better. I really could'nt stand my Squier, the neck always got bent, the soldering joint kept coming undone, loose control knobs... I couldn't even play the thing through an amp for the past 6 months!! I am very happy with my SX and i say you should defiently go for it, because from my past experiance with the Squier P Bass along with one of close friends experiance with one, they will just fall apart on you over the years.

5. SX man! The initial reaction from holding my SX is far superior than any Squier I've ever had in my hands. Squier's just feel like toys. I can't really think of a better way to explain it.

6. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    The SX will be an improvement over the Squire (my SX Jazz feels better than any new Squire I have tried) - however, if you can wait a bit, save a little more, are willing to go with a used intrument and willing to spend some time looking in pawn shops, etc. - you may be able to make a bigger jump up in quality without spending a ton more money.