1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier P-bass Special 5 pup replacement please!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tmusic101, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Can any body give me a specific replacement pup recommendation for a Squier P-Bass Special 5?

The stock ones are junk & the B string is only a good thumb rest!

2. Nobody?

3. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
  4. I haven't check the dimensions on those yet, but the problem is that the Squier P 5er uses 4 string width J pups & the B string is virtually non existent.

What I need is a set of pups with the solid pole piece that runs the length of the pup. I don't know which company makes those & EMG, SD, etc. aren't very clear in they're descriptions.

Also, both pups are the same size in the Squier vs short for neck & long for bridge in Fenders. I sure would like to find a set of passive replacements for this bass cause besides the pups it's a pretty nice instrument.

5. I've been there,done that,got the T-shirt,everything.The pups in the Squier P5 are indeed 4 pole J type,and as such,useless for a 5 string with the spacing that this bass has.I switched them for Seymour Duncan SJB 5s,using 2 neck position pups because,as you thought,the cutouts,and indeed the original pups,are the same size.The SDs are blade types,in that they dont have individual pole pieces,but are a direct drop-in replacement.