1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier P Bass special vs.P Bass Vintage Modified

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ESPplayer, Dec 16, 2006.

1. ESPplayer

ESPplayer

Nov 17, 2006
    Which one sounds plays and looks better? Is the Vintage worth the extra 30 bucks? or should i just get the regualr ole standard p bass special?

PS.The reason im asking all these questions bout budget basses is cuz i want to find the type and tone i love most then buy a really good version of it

2. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I gotta say that the Vintage Modified sounds, plays, and looks better. I just picked one up, although technically I can't have it til Christmas. It plays great, it's up there with my other basses. Not quite as good as some, but not far off. The sound is very good, the Duncan Design pickups, while not 'real' Duncans, are a major improvement over the pickups in the standard. The look? An olympic white P Bass? You can't get much cooler than that.