Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Squier P-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Squier, Apr 16, 2001.

1. Squier

Squier

Apr 16, 2001
    Northants, UK
    Was my Squier p-bass affinity worth £500 (USD $700)

Please tell me someone

Thanx :)

2. Certainly NOT! About £150-175 at the most...

3. Squier

Squier

Apr 16, 2001
    Northants, UK
    can you please tell me how much it is worth so i can go give the music shop owner a fist full?

Thanx :)

4. If some music shop owner charged you 500 quid for an affinity P bass, have no worries...it is a clear case of misrepresentation...you could ddrag him through the courts and string him up to dry. Go and politely point out that he owes you 350 quid and you want it back right now...

5. Squier

Squier

Apr 16, 2001
    Northants, UK
    ill ask him politely first
    thanx for your help any way, i had a suspision that he might have over charged me

6. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
  7. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Basses are a lot more expensive in the UK than in the US. As Andy said, £150-£175 would seem reasonable.

8. I got my pricing off a UK shop's website...finish seems to make a difference.

9. About $450 Canadian gets you a MIM Jazz here in Vancouver. $390 gets you a Squier Affinity w/ practice amp beginner set.

10. Squier

Squier

Apr 16, 2001
    Northants, UK
    it just so happens that i have been down to the shop today and sorted something out with the owner. he agreed that i was over charged and refunded me £375. good bargin in the end :)

11. Squier

Squier

Apr 16, 2001
    Northants, UK
    after all, i wouldnt consider myself an expert on basses, being the beginner that i am, so would you say it is a good bass?

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

It's a decent beginner bass. If you wound up getting it for £125, I think that you got a pretty good deal.

Welcome to Talkbass, and start practicing.;)

13. Yes, you got a good deal. Well done for sorting it out smoothly...

14. Squier

Squier

Apr 16, 2001
    Northants, UK
    Thanks Alot. If it werent for you ,Andy, i would have been ripped off completely.

Youve Been a great help

15. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Dude, I feel relieved for you. the Squier Affinity P-bass is quite good for the money, but not the kind of money they charged you.

See, We're not completely useless.:D

Will C.:cool:

16. Makes you feel all warm and tingly, don't it?

Squier, happy to help...

17. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i got the exact same bass in england for 105 pounds. (my keyboard doesn't have the sign :) )

18. Taurus

Taurus

Feb 2, 2001
    I think you got lucky that the dealer did the "right" thing and refunded most of your money.I don't know that you would have even had any legal recourse since there is usually "buyer beware" on most things.Cant say that I'd trust him now though unless he made an honest mistake[not bloody likely] on the price.