1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier P-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I just wanted to say that I checked out the new Squier P-bass today, and I was very impressed! It had such a powerful and raw P-bass tone with the treble full that I could imagine getting that John Wetton style grind through a good tube amp. With the treble rolled off, it was a perfect Jamerson, Duck Dunn soul machine. I'm guessing that the MIM has better hardware, and I know it's alder instead of agathis, but for a person on budget, I think one would have hard time hearing the difference between the two basses.

2. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    +1, i love that bass sooooo much, i can't wait to get one. the ones i have played, imo, seemed to be constructed about as good as the mim. i'll probobly get killed for that, but again, imo. i was planning on getting a mim, but i love these squiers so much, i can't justify spending more for a mim. i will put a quarter punder pup, and badass II bridge on it to make it even better.

3. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I miss my 59' precision from my previous bass life. Thought about the new squier P as next project bass!!!

4. phreddy

phreddy

Mar 14, 2006
    colorado springs
    my squier p sounds better than any usa p ive played in any store. in fact i dont think i could count the number of any basses ive liked more on one hand although i do love the sound and feel of p's. also it does have the quarter pound duncans w/o pots. im sure they might sound better in an american with the better quality wood but i prolly couldent tell. plus its great to pull out a beat squier and see reactions to the killer tone.