1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squier P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Airsick Pilot, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Hi have any of you guys tried the Squier P-Bass?Is it any good at all?Views?Opinions?

Getting another bass soon.

Cheers! :)

2. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    My last trip to GC I had the opportunity to try a few Squires. I think for the money, under $200, they are a good buy. Play as many as you can and buy the best. I would also recommend checking out a Yamaha or two also. Their quality is very good in this price range. YMMV

3. I think just about EVERY bassist has tried a Squier P. They are the more common (and one of the best) beginner basses.

I've got one that I've been hot-rodding. It was my first bass, and I still play it. They are damn good basses for the money, and some are just as good, if not better than some Mexican made Fenders.

4. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    I agree with previous posts- excellent value.

It is important to try as many as you can locate. I find that quality control is pretty variable among bargain basses. Specifically, look at the fretwork from the 12th fret on up- a "good" bass will show only subtle fret levelling, a bad one will look like it was done by a blind man with a belt sander.

Buying these used is also an excellent plan; then pay a pro for a good setup and a new set of strings.

5. Dagger

Dagger

Aug 2, 2002
    North Carolina
    I have a Squier P-Bass (baltic blue) purchased in March of 2001. It is a great bass, worth every penny. It stays in tune well and the craftmanship is great. It was made in Indonesia. I have played many other basses from Ibanez and Fender and for the money you just can't beat the quality the Squier has. Go for it!