Squier P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Airsick Pilot, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Hi have any of you guys tried the Squier P-Bass?Is it any good at all?Views?Opinions?

Getting another bass soon.

Cheers! :)
  2. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    My last trip to GC I had the opportunity to try a few Squires. I think for the money, under $200, they are a good buy. Play as many as you can and buy the best. I would also recommend checking out a Yamaha or two also. Their quality is very good in this price range. YMMV
  3. I think just about EVERY bassist has tried a Squier P. They are the more common (and one of the best) beginner basses.

I've got one that I've been hot-rodding. It was my first bass, and I still play it. They are damn good basses for the money, and some are just as good, if not better than some Mexican made Fenders.
  4. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    I agree with previous posts- excellent value.

It is important to try as many as you can locate. I find that quality control is pretty variable among bargain basses. Specifically, look at the fretwork from the 12th fret on up- a "good" bass will show only subtle fret levelling, a bad one will look like it was done by a blind man with a belt sander.

Buying these used is also an excellent plan; then pay a pro for a good setup and a new set of strings.
  5. Dagger

Aug 2, 2002
    North Carolina
    I have a Squier P-Bass (baltic blue) purchased in March of 2001. It is a great bass, worth every penny. It stays in tune well and the craftmanship is great. It was made in Indonesia. I have played many other basses from Ibanez and Fender and for the money you just can't beat the quality the Squier has. Go for it!