1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigscore1000, Apr 16, 2010.

1. bigscore1000

bigscore1000

Mar 6, 2004
    I'm a Fender Jazz fanatic but lately the P Bass bug has bite me and i've decided to pick up a Squier to play around with. I like both the Vintage Modified and the 60's Precision...My question to all you Squier fans is which is better?

Thanks

2. Squier is better(than Squire). :)
    I've not hit a really bad Squier.

3. bigscore1000

bigscore1000

Mar 6, 2004
    :eek:

4. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Nothing wrong with having a P & J in the arsenal! I like the VM P, i played one and was impressed.

5. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    I really lucked out last year. Bought a 10 year old Squire P-bass from a friend for $75.00 and it's a great bass. I still can't believe how well it plays for a "budget instrument." It's the first Precision style bass I've ever owned and was very impressed with how well it recorded. I found out very quickly why it's been an industry stardard for so long.

Nothing wrong with a Squire.

6. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    I think the CV 60s P has a bit "smoother" sound than the VM, which is a bit more "rock" sounding. They're both pretty good, though you can probably find a used squier P for about a hundred bucks locally with very little trouble.... and if you do your homework, it might even have an alder body ;)

7. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    I agree CV= classic tone VM= rock tone. I am now hooked on early Squiers form Japan, JV or SQ 1983s. I just took back a GC bought CV P bass to fund a 83 SQ MIJ Squier I stumbled upon. The early MIJ Squiers are the one of the best P basses i have ever played. Its worth the time to look for one if you can find them.

8. Both are great i have owned both , i see them as equals both are good basses but each offer something different. I am all about neck feel the VM is satin with bigger frets the Cv is high gloss with small vintage frets. The CV hardware seems a tad better, the bridge on the Cv is solid metal and high mass which is a nice touch.