1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Pro-tone V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by psus16, Mar 23, 2010.

1. psus16

psus16

Dec 20, 2008
    Iowa
    IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg

FULL DISCLOSURE!

I "sold" this bass about a month ago here on TB, but could not for the life of me find a box to ship it in. FEDEX/UPS/guitar shops/etc...no one had a box I could purchase for shipping. After over a week of looking for a box, the buyer decided to purchase another bass instead due to the delay. (COMPLETELY MY FAULT!) I've never had that problem before when selling guitars/basses, so I've learned to GET A BOX UPFRONT from now on.

Needless to say, I now have 3 bass cardboard boxes in my garage, so this is back up for sale.

The squier pro-tone is a really nice 5 string, but the tone is just not quite my style. Its in really great shape, and I strung it up with half-rounds when I got it. I haven't played it more than 5 times since I got it, and now that I purchased a hollowbody lakland, this really has to go!

I do like the full WIDE neck on it, and the body is really nice. Top of the line squire...

285 + shipping...I'm pretty firm on the price. It is what I payed for it here on the forum, and seems like a very reasonable price. (and I promise that I have a box...3 of them)

Phil Hendren and King0424 like this.
  2. JoshuaTSP

JoshuaTSP

Sep 26, 2008
    Wow, great deal. I wish I didn't already have one!

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Tempting!

4. Go for it Doc!! I played one of these at my local music store a few years ago. They are NICE!!! Probably the best Squier made besides the early Japanese ones.

5. You say the tone wasn't really your thing, can you describe it? What genres of music do you play?

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I had one for a minute. I would take again too.:smug:

7. FYI

UPS will box it for you and insure it but it is VERY expensive
    however they do a real good job since its on their butt on the line if anything goes wrong

8. psus16

psus16

Dec 20, 2008
    Iowa
    to answer the question about the tone...

While I'm not the best player (or even the 50,000th best) I am VERY partial to a single-coil sound.

When I bought this bass, my primary bass was a 4-string P. I was playing a lot of tunes that I thought could be enhanced by the low-b...when I saw the "P" shape, squier/fender name, and read some reviews that said it could get close to the P sound even with the 'buckers, I thought for $285 I'd give it a try! It gets close, but is still a bucker. I also rarely use bridge-pickups (which is why I'll have a franken p/j for sale later today too)...I like the FAT/DEEP/tone off neck sound of a P.

This bass (again IMO) pulls off a more modern tone. Still a steal of a great bass for those looking for a 5-ver...

9. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    I bought one of these not long ago and was quite frankly amazed at the quality of the bass. The fret work is on par with the new usa Fenders as to smoothness. No sprout or rough edges on mine.
    Wanted a Fender style with soapbars and this fits the bill quite nicely. This bass is well worth the asking price.
    Good luck.

10. jchrisk1

jchrisk1

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    Where are you located?

11. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    This is a 5 year old ad

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020