1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squier Signature Matt Freeman Precision Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass nitro, Aug 28, 2012.

1. bass nitro

bass nitro

Feb 21, 2011
    BG,SZ
    Hi there,I saw this and really liked the tone of this bass.Is this squier worth buying?I can not try it unfortunately.I have read good stuff about squiers and think to take one - this one particularly.If someone got this one,please state your opinion about? Thank you

2. badboyb

badboyb

Aug 27, 2009
    australia
    They are a great bass.
    You can't go wrong for the money.
    They are basically a Classic Vibe in different colour.

3. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Yeah its a CV in different colors with a maple board. The neck is thin front to back and it sounds like a p-bass. I wanted to like the white but the shade looked a little like spoiled cream cheese.

4. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    I don't believe I have ever seen one in person but it looks great on paper and like the others are saying the CV series basses are great basses. Some say they are as good as the MIM standards (or even blow them away). I'm not buying that based on personal experience but they are very, very close and they often have one feature or another that is better than the standards. I'm not sure why so many Squier basses have high mass bridges while pretty much all the MIMs have bent metal, for instance. The Matt Freeman is at or near the top of the list of basses I would like to buy someday.

When the video you link to ends there are a couple of thumbnails that appear in its place in the lower left corner of the screen which feature Matt Freeman himself. In this one he talks about his bass and the Squier signature model and in this one he actually plays both, though he is promoting the amp not the bass. Granted he is being paid to sell basses but he seems happy with it, I think you (or I) would be too.

Ken

5. xkalenx

xkalenx

Mar 4, 2008
    I love mine. Plays like a dream. A lot of people talk smack on the gloss finish on the neck, but to be honest, the neck is probably my favorite part of the bass.