1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Tele Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassicsax, Sep 11, 2008.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I agree! In fact, I probably will throw on in mine at some point.

And, FWIW, I reviewed this bass in issue #1 of Bass Gear Magazine. :cool:

Tom.

2. 5stringwonder

5stringwonder

Sep 24, 2006
    Singapore

did you have to route to install the Darkstar or does it fit nicely?

3. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I had one but dumped it because of quality issues. The bridge was mounted off center which is a pretty big issue. I'm done with Squires.

4. Thangfish

Thangfish ...overly qualified for janitorical deployment...

I had to dremel out the pickup hole in the pickguard. No body modifications.
    The route in the body was of such a shape that I could not put all 4 screws in the pickup, however. I forget right now if I was able to use 3 or just 2. I have a picture around somewhere, I think.

Edit:
    Found this, so I think it was 3 screws.

IMG_21211024x768.

5. Since he left the company in 1965, I don't think we can blame him for the 72' Telebass. Had one, weighed a TON, and sounded like mud. I wouldn't be surprised if the Squier was actually lighter and better sounding than mine, at least.

6. 982627

Aug 25, 2008
    Near Montreal
    Got mine this morning and I'm quite satisfied...my first Squier ever, the neck is not as bad as I would have thought...but the pickup is crap, it'll be replaced pretty soon. As many said, it's a really fine bass for the price.

7. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    I really like my guitar. For the price no one can complain. It really rocks hard.
    It has IMO the best neck i have ever felt. I am planning to put the dark star in cause mine has that same mud problem, but again it was a great buy.

8. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    i finally got pics of my bass

IMG_0582.

I'm holding off on the darkstar cause well i dont have the money, and i dont think i am going pro anytime soon.

9. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    I think anyone who buys one of these and expects it to sound "bright" is missing some chromosomes.

The term "mud" is very subjective.

I actually saw some negative reviews on this bass because "you can't slap and pop on it". :rollno::scowl: Morons.

For the un-initiated, what's the deal with the Darkstar pickup anyway?

10. I love mine, put it through some distortion and it sounds huge

telebass1.