1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squier Vintage Mod Jazz Bass Mods?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jynxbassist, Jan 1, 2012.

1. jynxbassist

jynxbassist

Jan 1, 2012
    I was wondering if you guys had any reccomendations on mods that I could make to my bass to improve look and performance. I was also wondering if you knew where I could get colored(green pink and orange) volume knobs?

2. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Jul 15, 2010
    What about the look and performance don't you like? It's generally not a good idea to mod for the sake of it.

As far as cosmetic mods, you could try new knobs like you said, or a new pick guard of some kind. Not sure where you could find knobs, but pick guards can be found on a lot of websites (try googling 'jazz bass pick guard').
    If you want to spend the cash you could change the hardware to another color if you really want.

Edit: and welcome to talkbass man!

3. John D

John D Guest

Dec 27, 2009
  4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

The look is up to you. Don't make any radical changes, or change anything you can't un-do, until you are sure you want to.

As far as performance, don't change anything until you have identified specific aspects of the sound or setup that you find lacking. Then you can make targeted changes.

Right now, you're asking us to make your ball of string smaller, with no information about that ball of string.

You can always order plastic knobs, then paint to the color desired....or get on the web and search for them. I haven't seen any myself.

5. jynxbassist

jynxbassist

Jan 1, 2012
    Thanks for the welcome.:D I have metal knobs and I was wondering if you thought that I could spraypaint on metal:meh:but thanks again.