1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Squier Vintage Modified 77 Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by invalidprotocol, Jan 28, 2017.

1. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2008
    DFW
    Price:
    Strings:
    I bought this bass from Sweetwater in winter 2015 for my wife to learn on. She had since sustained injuries to her shoulder. Post recovery playing on a 34" scale is proving very difficult so I am selling it to fund a short scale bass purchase.

This bass is light weight coming in at just under 8lbs. The tone is open and organic with serious punch and growl and IMHO it is one of the best sounding jazz basses my ears have heard. The only reason I'm not keeping it for myself is that I already have a 2008 American Standard that I've melded with.

I've looked it over and the only flaws I can find are a few subtle dimples in the back of the lower horn. So subtle that I can't even capture it via photo. Photos had been much more beautiful had I actually remembered to save the stock Sweetwater photos.

The bass is pictured with a Hipshot drop tuner but this will not be included as I have use elsewhere for it. The original tuner will be reinstalled. Current the bass is strung up with Curtis Mangan 45-105 nickels.

Price of $240 is firm for local Dallas TX area purchase. I don't have any packaging for shipment at this time but will update the post if that changes.

03/11 edit: So far my local GCs have not had a box that I could use to ship it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  2. flacoclef

flacoclef Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Texas
    :thumbsup:

3. flacoclef

flacoclef Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Texas
    Is there a way to try it?