1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass + Extras

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Malak the Mad, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Price:
    $250
    Strings:
    Greetings All!

I'm putting up for sale a completely stock Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar bass. This is the discontinued P/J model with the V/T/V/T configuration and blocked, rosewood neck.

I recently acquired it from it's first-ever owner who left it adorning his wall for years after barely playing. No joke…he didn't even remove the plastic from the pickguard! Everything is in great shape, save for a small scuff on the back of the body and a bit of corrosion on the tuner clovers. Also, the strings were capital-D Dead:dead:, so I replaced them with a set of standard Fender 105's like the ones it originally came with…only clean and so-not-dead.

Short story: It looks like it could be "new/old stock" that just came off the wall of a music store. ;)

I'm asking for $250 for this near-mint, never been played out or gigged Jaguar. If you like, I'll throw in a set of newer Squier VM Jazz tuners free of charge. That will include shipping to the Lower 48 states. Anything further will cost more. Paypal only, but if you're in the Delaware/Northern Maryland/Eastern PA/New Jersey region, PM me and we can arrange a face-to-face transaction for a discounted cash-price.

I also mentioned "Extras" in the thread title. I have
    • A wood/tolex Gator case: $50
    • A Hipshot BT7 Drop-D tuner (clover-style, chrome): $50 each
    • A variety of new or slightly used strings that I can throw in. Cost depends on the string and it's condition.
    OcmAeFI.
    LHpNJMR.
    JTDyaIa.
    pzr9TRl.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  2. Malak the Mad

I almost forgot to mention, it weighs in at 8lbs 10oz.

3. Malak the Mad

Yay! The weather has finally allowed me to snap some pics this morning! :snaphappy:

4. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have the same bass. It is a really a nice playing and sounding bass. How they sell it for a low price is a puzzle.

GLWTS

Malak the Mad likes this.
  5. View attachment 2963687 I have a neck from one of these that I just love love love... on a Pro Tone Precision. Wondering...any idea how much more to ship to Nova Scotia Canada (B4V1M5)

Malak the Mad likes this.
  6. Malak the Mad

Nice combination, Laurie! That looks damn sharp! :cool: :thumbsup:

It depends, would you want the case included?

Better still, I'll send you a PM. ;)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  7. Aladinsane1969

Aladinsane1969 Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    PM Sent.

8. Malak the Mad

"On Hold" pending sale!

Still available!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  9. OakCityBassist

OakCityBassist Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Raleigh, NC
    So, is this the long-scale or short-scale version of the Jaguar?

10. Malak the Mad

Definitely a long-scale. While the shorties have the black-painted headstocks, they don't have the blocks. ;)

11. Malak the Mad

Currently "On Hold"

12. Malak the Mad

…and sold! Thanks, everyone! :thumbsup: