1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass V bridge upgrade

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by twinfallsbass, Feb 4, 2016.

1. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    Hi. I just bought a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass V and want to upgrade the bridge. The type of bridge I am looking for is a heavy mass and has several slots on the saddles for fine tuning string placement ( like the one I have in my USA Fender Precision V5 ). Is there a direct bolt in replacement out there? Anyone else upgrade their VM Jag V or other 5-string Squier bass to one of these style bridges?

2. twinfallsbass

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    bump

3. twinfallsbass

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    So no one has done this???? Any Squier users out there

4. LowEndOperative

LowEndOperative ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan
  5. Khronic

Khronic Richard J. Naimish Banned

Oct 24, 2006
    Grand Junction, CO.
    My suggestion would be to contact fellow TB member MarkoYYZ.

6. giocalypse

giocalypse

Jul 25, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Depends how much you wanna spend on a bridge. You can use a higher quality fender bridge thats less than $50, Its a direct replace into your Squier. Also since badass2 bridges are no longer made. Its gonna be rare to find one less than $100. So consider a Hipshot A-Style FM3 bridge. Its a direct replacement for your JaguarV. And you can choose from aluminum or brass. Brass is around $85 and heavier than the lighter aluminum version thats around $75.

7. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    That Schaller bridge posted above won't work; string spacing is too narrow. You need a 19mm bridge. The one on the Jag has 6 mounting screws, probably the same one that's on the VM Jazz V.
    You'll be hard-pressed to find a drop in replacement, you'd have to find one that has screw holes off-set from where the strings are.
    I'm getting this one for my VM Jazz V...it looks close but I'm prepared to drill if I have to. It uses 5 screws instead of 6...if I'm lucky, I will have to omit the farthest screw left of the G...
    I know you're looking for one with adjustable string spacing, like your Fender....if that's ther one you want, you may need to get that one...

8. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Hipshot
    If the bridge on the Jag is the same as the P5 and J5, then spacing is 18mm. I currently have a Schaller on my J5, with the spacing set to maximum, with no problems whatsoever. Look for them on ebay... I got the one I have for about $30 with shipping. My P5 has a Hipshot B-style bridge, set to 18mm spacing.

There are no direct drop in bridges that I've found, and, believe me, I looked.