1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Myrriad, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Myrriad

Myrriad Banned

Oct 11, 2012
    I'm currently playing a Squier VM Jazz (clear finish body, blacked hardware), and this Jaguar bass seems to be just about the opposite, black body (matching headstock!), rosewood board, with white binding/blocks (and I'd add a white PG), and even a P Pickup to boot! My only questions are, how's the quality, and how's the sound? I'd considered picking up a MIA Jazz...but then realized I could get a VM Jazz, VM Jaguar, VM Precision, and S.U.B. Ray 4, all for the price of one MIA bass.

2. Myrriad

Myrriad Banned

Oct 11, 2012
    bump

3. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    Sound is great, quality is on par with VMs, so good there too. The tone knobs have detents instead of being regular sweep, some dislike others do not, but the two I've played both felt a little dodgy in the knobs. Dunno if that was simply due to looseness or to the pots/detends being a weak spot.

4. BluesOnBass

BluesOnBass Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Holland, Michigan
    I have both the VM Jazz and the VM Jaguar. I love them both. Different sounds, but the playability is very similar. Between the two, I can cover just about any sound I want. FWIW YMMV