1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass '70s - upgrades / Lindy Fralin / Babicz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by johnbegone, May 27, 2019.

1. johnbegone

johnbegone

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Price:
    Strings:
    I am selling what looks to be a Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz Bass. When I bought it, it had a different pickguard + neck on it, so at this point I'm just calling it a parts bass. This bass is substantially better than a Squier - see all upgrades below

-I redid all electronics w/ low friction CTS pots, cloth wiring and a .022 Mojotone Vitamin T tone cap ($40 in parts) -Pickups upgraded to Lindy Fralin jazz bass pickups (the BEST) overwound to +7.5% ($190 value)
    -I added a Babicz Full Contact bridge (added sustain, locking saddles) ($130 value)
    -A previous owner routed an area for a truss rod adjustment in the body, but the pickguard covers this - showing a photo of the body just so you're aware
    -Previous owner of the neck (a true VM 70's neck) changed the tuners and sanded down the branding - see photos. I will replace the one missing tuner screw - just saw that

I'm now not sure who made the body, but it is beautiful natural / amber tint. No flaws. It looks a LOT like the Squier VM 70's body and the Squier VM pickguard I bought was a drop in replacement. This bass is heavy, 10+ pounds. It sounds absolutely incredible with the Lindy Fralins + Babicz bridge. Plays great, low action, etc. I'm selling the bass well below my costs including the upgrades. I have a baby due in about a week, so help me out :) You won't have any regrets owning this bass.

I will include a hard shell case - all 4 of the "feet" on the bottom are pushed in (see photo) - it still stands but it leans hard. Easy fix to add some more feet. Mostly included to protect the bass in shipping.

Price is $450 Sold locally

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021