1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass '77 3-Color-Sunburst 3TSB Two Months Old Upgraded PG and Knobs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by subtlestew, Feb 9, 2018.

1. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Price:
    $279
    Strings:
    Greetings, TB shoppers. This is it - the very bass that TB-folk jump on the forums to say "even better than my Fender!" All kidding aside, if you've tried one of these Vintage Modified basses, you know that they are great basses for the price point. This one is no exception - plays great, sounds great, looks great - it's pretty sweet. Why am I getting rid of it? Well, it's just a matter of adhering to a bass in = bass out mantra.

So the bass was purchased new by me in December. It's got a few fingerprints and some pickguard scratches on both pickguards. Yes, two pickguards! I obeyed TB "tort law" and got a tort guard that makes the bass look a lot more like my '73. I also added genuine Fender Jazz knobs to complete the look. Original knobs and black guard (pictured overlayed on the bass once for your viewing pleasure below) are included. Also included is the flimsy factory Fender-branded gig bag.

Price is $279 shipped CONUS with both guards, both sets of knobs, and the gig bag. If you want the generic hard case in good condition in the pictures I'll include it (and the gig bag as well!) for an additional $50.

Pix:

DSC_0013.JPG DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0008.JPG DSC_0009.JPG DSC_0012.JPG

Attached Files:

outoftune, reddog and tubatodd like this.
  2. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    PM

3. BigBear77

BigBear77 Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Still avaiable

4. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Yes, @BigBear77 , it is!

5. Dang, I wish I played fours....

glwts

BnB

subtlestew likes this.
  6. outoftune

outoftune Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    I have a Ric, Cutlass, BB1024x and a P bass and I keep taking my Squier VM 77 to gigs. These basses really are that good. GLWTS.

Laurie Bass and subtlestew like this.
  7. kvw

kvw

Mar 2, 2018
    PM sent