1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Fretless Bass wiring and mods questions

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by STRING DREAM, Dec 19, 2018.

1. STRING DREAM

STRING DREAM

Dec 2, 2018
    Hi all, I just picked up a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Fretless Bass. I grabbed a set of Dimarzio Model J pickups based on a lot of your guys very helpful advice (thank you for that)! My questions are:
    1) Dimarzio recommends to wire these pickups in Series. Do you guys feel that a push/pull knob to go from series to parallel is worthwhile and give me more very use-able tones outside of the series wiring Dimarzio recommends? If so, other than the pickups can someone tell me exactly what parts (pots/caps etc) and what values I will need to so I can give it to my luthier.
    2) What else inside should I do? Shielding?New wires? Anything else?
    3) Lastly, if the series/parallel route is the way to go. Does anybody have a good diagram they can give me that I can give to my luthier?
    I'm guessing:
    NECK PICKUP volume knob 1 down>series up> parallel
    BRIDGE PICKUP volume knob 2 down>series up> parallel
    BOTH PICKUPS TOGETHER tone knob down> parallel up> series
    Thank you in advance :)