1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Squier Vintage Modified Jazz fretless neck, body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SeismicAssault, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squier Vintage Modified Jazz fretless neck: SOLD!

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz body: SOLD! + shipping

This body is from a 2006 Squier Vintage Modified fretted jazz. It has a few belt buckle scratches on the back, which I tried to capture. Other than that, it is in like new condition. It comes with the original Duncan Designed pickups, and the controls / electronics / hardware is all original. The pickguard has been removed from it, and is not included. All electronics are functioning perfectly.

Dsc_3293.
    Dsc_3294.

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz neck plate: SOLD! + shipping

I wasn't sure whether to sell this with the neck or the body, so I figured I'd just sell it seperately. It has some scratches on it from belt buckles.
    Dsc_3290.

I am located in US postal code 03033 for shipping purposes.

2. my $0.02,

i found out that the body on my VM fretless J is slightly thinner than a regular jazz bass body, and the neck sits a little deeper down in the pocket than it normally would.

that being said, the neck screws are a tad shorter than normal, so i would definatly include them with the body.

3. evhest

evhest

Jun 10, 2006
    Pm on it's way to you!

4. That's a good point. How about a pic showing how those two fit together for those of us considering buying the whole package?

Out of curiosity, does this mean you're keeping a hybrid sunburst VM Jazz with the blocked and fretted neck? Love to see a pic of that!

5. I actually had the neck mounted to the body prior to taking pictures of it for the auction. The fit in the neck from side to side was a little tight, but it's a really nice tight fit, which is good. Lengthwise, there's about a 32nd of an inch gap at the end, which would probably be covered up with a pickguard. Heightwise, I didn't see an issue (on mine at least). The height was about right for me that I didnt' have to shim it at all to get a nice low action.

I believe there are maybe differences in the tolerances between each year on the VM J's. Maybe depending on which year it was made, there might be issues. But this one seems to mesh together great.

I'll try to get some pictures tonight of the neck mounted, for those interested in buying a complete set.

I'll also try to get pic's of my sunburst / block inlay build. I'm really loving the look and feel of it!

6. I put the neck back on last night, and put the flatwounds back on to get some pictures of the neck / body pocket. I wasn't exactly sure the best way to picture it, so I tried to get a few angles. On the first picture, I've got a ruler held up to it ... from the top of the body to the top of the fretboard is almost exactly 24/64" (+/- 1/64th). I also got some shots of the other side, and the end of the neck where it meets the body (there's about a 1/32" gap there that a pickguard should cover).

Dsc_3297.
    Dsc_3298.
    Dsc_3299.

I tried to grab a picture of the 2 jazz's next to each other. I love the sunburst / block inlay neck. The fretless would be really sweet, too, if I was into fretless, but I just couldn't see myself doing any fretless work at this point.

Dsc_3296.

If anyone is interested in buying the whole set, I'd sell it for $180 plus shipping and handling, and I'd leave it strung up with the Thomastik flatwounds (<6 months old, <20 hours use). I'm not really trying to make any money off this ... I bought both basses used for about $180, and I'm just passing that wonderful deal on to someone else who may actually use this fretless.

7. PM sent - interested in the whole bass :)

J

8. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Any trades on the neck? Effects or anything?

9. Not much I'm looking for ... maybe a PedalPower 2+ or any unbuilt BYOC kits. Crybaby wah ...

10. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Hmm....I'm pondering the neck...

11. Surely you meant to say you got these basses for about $180 each, right? :eek:

12. Yeah ... $180 for both would be way too good to be true.

13. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    PMed

14. I'd also be willing to parts the body out, if anyone's interested in just parts ... body, pickups, electronics, bridge, strap pegs ...

15. TeamTrejo

TeamTrejo

Oct 12, 2008
    Franklin WI
    If you part it out I'll take the Strap Pegs.

16. I've got one person interested in the complete body. If he doesn't take it in the next day, I'll start parting it out. You'll be first in line for the strap pegs.

17. Subscribed...hit me up with those neck pocket measurements when you get a chance.

Thanks!

18. The neck pocket is 2 35/64" wide x 3 7/8" long x 21/32" deep.

19. I've gotten some interest for individual parts of the body, so I'm going to offer up parts. All prices below don't include shipping and handling:

Neck Plate / screws: SOLD!
    Strap pegs / screws: SOLD!
    Pickups: SOLD!
    Body: SOLD!
    Control plate: SOLD!
    (pots, knobs, jack, plate, screws, all wired up)
    Bridge: SOLD!

20. Scott, list those over in accessories and you will probably sell most of it today!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.